Mechanical Manager Job Vacancy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
General Description of Role and Responsibilities:
- Review the contract documents (drawings and specification related to his discipline) and advise the Resident Engineer of any deficiency.
- Review Contractor’s submittals, related to his discipline, and ensure its compliance with concept design, contract requirements and properly coordinated with other disciplines.
- Review shop drawings, related to his discipline, and ensure its compliance with design requirements, contract requirements, properly coordinated with other disciplines and submitted as per the approved schedules.
- Review and approval of Materials, related to his discipline, ensuring compliance with contract requirements, and submitted as per approved Project Construction schedule. Any deviation from project specification shall be notified to the Resident Engineer vide Material Approval Request (MAR) Verification form.
- Regular visits to Project site to ensure the quality of work is in compliance with contact requirements, good construction practice, only approved materials are used, compliance with shop drawings, and report any deviations to Resident Engineer.
- Make sure that the Contractor has submitted the Method Statement (MS), Quality Control Procedure (QCP) and inspection & Test Plan (ITP) prior to stating the relevant activity. Inspection & Test Plans and other Quality Verification Forms address all necessary information outlined in the project specification or in the Manufacturer recommendations.
- Review and approval of Method Statement (MS), Quality Control Procedure (QCP) and Inspection & Test Plan (ITP) as submitted by Contractor and ensure its compliance with all contract requirements.
- Coordinate with PMC Senior QA Engineer to establish the intervention point in the proposed Inspection and Test Plan.
- Participate in reviewing Field Design Changes, related to his discipline, as submitted by Contractor by giving the technical position.
- Technical support and assessment to PMC Contracts Engineer and Cost Engineer of Trend Notices, approved variations, and claims (when raised by Contractor).
- Advise Quality and Safety Engineers as well as Resident Engineer of noticed non-compliance cases during site visits.
- Regular spot checks of material delivered to site, related to his discipline, and direct the relevant Inspector Engineer to continue inspection of stored materials on-site to ensure it is as per approved materials and in good condition.
- Closely monitor inspector/engineer performance and advise the Resident Engineer in case of deficiency or poor performance.
- Technical support to PMC Planning Engineer with respect to the precedence of activities related to his discipline and optimum duration of each activity.
- Attend Technical Meetings with the Contractor, and Weekly Progress Meetings if required by Resident Engineer.
- Ensure full coordination between all other disciplines / Trades has been carried out for all External and Internal services.
- Participate with PMC disciplines in reviewing the Close Out Report as submitted by the Contractor.
- Review As-Built drawings related to his discipline as submitted by the Contractor. As-built drawing shall be properly coordinated with the site Inspection Team to make sure that it matches all site changes.
- Witness pre-commissioning & commissioning activities related to his discipline and ensure full compliance with project requirements.
- Make sure that any site observations and/or non-conformity has been reported through a Site Observation Report (SOR) and/or Non-Conformance Report (NCR). All SORs and NCRs shall be coordinated with the PMC Senior Quality Assurance Engineer.
- Informs themselves of the relevant Quality, Environmental, Safety and Occupational Health Policies, Manuals and Procedures in place within Hill International, and ensures continued compliance with these requirements while employed by Hill.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager/supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- 15+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
Experience in luxury residential and hospitality projects is an advantage.
Help the world be better by helping others find job opportunities.