Physiotherapist – UAEN Job Vacancy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Physiotherapists treat patients with physical difficulties resulting from illness, injury, disability or ageing. They treat people of all ages including children, the elderly, stroke patients and people with sports injuries.
Physiotherapists work with patients to identify and improve their movement and function. They help promote their patients’ health and wellbeing and assist the rehabilitation process by developing and restoring body systems, in particular the neuromuscular, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular and respiratory systems. They devise and review treatment programmes, comprising manual therapy, movement, therapeutical exercise and the application of technological equipment, e.g. ultrasound. Physiotherapists also provide advice on how to avoid injury.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Undertake duties in accordance with the philosophy, business practices and policies of NMCSH-Abu Dhabi, and practicing within the standards and ethics of the Physiotherapy profession Typical work activities include:
- Working with patients to identify the physical problem;
- Developing and reviewing treatment programmes;
- Assisting patients with joint and spinal problems, especially following surgery;
- Helping patients’ rehabilitation following accidents, injury and strokes;
- Supervising physiotherapy assistants;
- Writing patient case notes and reports;
- Collecting patient statistics;
- Educating and advising patients and their carers about how to prevent and/or improve conditions;
- Working as a professional member of a multi-disciplinary rehabilitation team and actively participating in team meetings.
- Effectively communicating with staff members, health professionals, clients and family with regards to provision of physiotherapy services.
- Supervising and instructing Physiotherapy Aides.
- Contributing to, and participating in, education programs for residents, relatives and staff of NMCSH.
- Participating in continuing education and courses updating Physiotherapy techniques and information.
- Ensuring Physiotherapy equipment is adequately maintained and liaising with the HOD for the ordering of supplies and equipment.
- Ensuring Physiotherapy treatments are based on sound evidence of benefit.
- Ensuring all adverse clinical events are recorded and reported.
- Maintaining a safe work environment.
- Assisting in the on-going maintenance of a safe work place through involvement in the implementation of safe systems of work.
- Identifying and reporting hazards in the workplace.
- Know the applicable safety policies and procedures assist with the preparation of those procedures and policies.
- Work in all shifts as scheduled by the Head of Department.
- Strictly adheres to organization’s regulations and policies especially those related to infection control, patient safety, OSHMS, DOH, JCI and ISO.
- Supports Continuous Quality Improvement and participates and contributes to all the quality assurance activities of the service.
- Participates and contributes in scheduled in-service training programs.
- Exercises effective interpersonal skills in dealings with department staff, associates and Management.
- Maintains confidentiality as per the agreement signed.
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to others in promoting effective communication.
- Develops thorough understanding of policies and procedures of the hospital and demonstrates respect for them.
- Carries out other duties when requested by the Head of department.
General OSH Responsibilities, Authority and accountabilities of the position includes:
- Familiarize themselves and comply with all OSH and Infection Control policies, standards and procedures that are relevant for their workplace
- Work in accordance with the documented occupational, safety and health procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities defined in individual procedures and instructions.
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems and follow safe working procedures
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Not willfully or recklessly endanger anyone’s health and safety. Take reasonable care for the health and safety of persons that may be affected by the employee’s acts or omissions at the workplace.
- Assist with the preparation of risk assessments
- Attend applicable departmental safety training and follow OSHMS policies and procedures.
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety
- Cooperate with their employer with respect to any action taken by the employer to comply with OSHMS requirements.
- Notify supervisor or Department Safety facilitator of any hazards, health and safety mishaps or incidents within or outside their area of work.
Task Specific OSH Responsibilities, Authority and accountabilities of the position includes:
- Assist to Identify, label and maintain hazardous materials, MSDS and its current inventory
- Assist with Proper collection, Storage and disposal of bio hazardous materials as per NMCSH Waste management policy
- Must be familiar with common hazards, ergonomic, sharps and biological hazards in work area and how to handle them
- Safe use of all Physiotherapy related equipment’s and Machines as per manufacturer instruction
- Know the applicable safety policies and procedures assist with the preparation of those procedures and policies
QUALIFICATION, LICENSURE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Graduate from an approved College or University in Physiotherapy.
- Current license in country of origin with DOH license to practice in U.A.E.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of practice in Physical Medicine.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Ability to work in cordial conditions in group practice in a hospital set up and as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of the range and type of services available for aged/disabled person.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to review procedures and implement new models of service delivery to satisfy client and organizational requirements.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality outcomes and ability to consult with staff regarding continuous improvement.
- Sound computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Job Identification 2361
- Job Category Allied Health
- Apply Before 09/30/2023, 02:40 PM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations Abu Dhabi, AE