Scheduling/Chartering Specialist (969) Operations – Houston, TX, USA
United States – Texas – Houston, Texas (USA)
Saudi Petroleum International, Inc.
Scheduling/Chartering Specialist (969) Operations – Houston, TX – Full Time
Preforms a variety of functions related to ensuring that crude oil is reliably, efficiently, and safely scheduled and transported from Saudi Arabia to Saudi Aramco’s customers in North America.
Responsible, under the general direction of the Manager – Operations, for performing various forecasting scheduling and/or chartering and marine related functions to ensure that Saudi crude is safely and expeditiously transported to the customers. SPII handles the ARAMCO Third Party term contracts based in North America as well as deliveries to a wholly owned company, SRI/Motiva in the U.S. These deliveries require coordination among various departments within ARAMCO, SPII, and Bahri who provide owned and chartered vessels for the transportation of Saudi crude to the U.S. Enclave. In addition, arrangements are also required for trans-shipment, lighterage, tugboats, bunkers and agent services at the receiving areas in the USG.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary point of contact for US based delivered customers.
- Receive the monthly nominations from SRI/Motiva and third party delivered customers, entering to into Aramco systems and verify to ensure compliance with COSA agreements.
- Compiles the forward crude laydown program for Saudi Aramco’s third-party customers and SRI/ Motiva; consolidating a monthly lifting program for nominations to Saudi Aramco; liaising with Saudi Aramco personnel as necessary to develop a final lifting program incorporating any required changes; advises customers of the Saudi Aramco approved lifting program.
- Monitors, in conjunction with Saudi Aramco, the progress of crude lifting and tanker voyages to ensure laydown commitments are met; coordinates with multiple customers for optimizing the delivered cargos through vertical integration and facilitating changes to the schedules.
- Act as the liaison for Saudi Aramco with respect to cargo financial releases, communication with the customers and tankers ensuring proper financial clearances/releases are received prior to transfer.
- Oversees and manages the documentation, inspection and time logs for cargos delivered related invoicing/demurrage.
- Negotiates, as directed, tanker voyage charters and time charters to cover approved lifting programs.
- Monitors trends in the tanker market; recommends plans and programs so that SPII/ Saudi Aramco can take advantage of these trends and improve efficiencies including the routing and loading of VLCC’s.
- Manages and negotiates trans -shipment, lighterage, barging and tug services contracts for cargos entering US waters or within US waters
- Review and approve approximately 1,100 invoices/year and perform analysis on expenditure trends and causes of deviation from Plan.
- Ensure proper vessel vetting is obtained prior to vessel acceptance for both VLCC and lightering vessels, ensuring safety is paramount.
Requisition ID 969
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Transportation Engineering, Economics or Business Administration; Masters License holders may also be considered – particularly for the chartering or marine related assignments; Master’s degree in Marine Transportation or an MBA is desirable
- Five to fifteen (5 – 15) years relevant experience in oil planning and scheduling or in the marine fields
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend accurately clearly and concisely in English at a level required to perform the job as outlined
- Must possess good work habits, a strong work ethic, and be able to adhere to company work hours, policies, and standard business etiquette
NO THIRD-PARTY CANDIDATES ACCEPTED