Specialist Vascular Surgery Job Vacancies in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
The Incumbent is a Vascular Surgeon who provides consulting, operative [major as well as minor/ elective as well as emergency] and attending services to patients of any age group, including diagnosis, pre- and post-operative care of all operative cases and procedures in the field of vascular and trauma surgery.
- Is responsible for attending ambulatory and hospitalized surgical patients including cases of all degrees of complexity, which are within the area of competence and expertise; additionally providing surgical care of a more specialized nature.
- Surgeons work to meet established medical, ethical and legal rules in the field of vascular surgery and practicing state-of-the-art.
- The applicable surgical unit provides day-to-day work including management and peer review, monitoring and evaluation of the quality and appropriateness of patient care provided by all physicians within the clinical privileges, approved by the Credentials and Privileges Committee.
- The HOD is informed of unusual problems or actions taken regarding unusual cases.
- Performs all management functions and duties of a vascular surgeon and provides expert medical care for ambulatory and hospitalized patients, including pre- and post-operative cases and such surgical procedures as are within incumbent’s competence.
- Performs professional duties at out-patients. Surgical care is to be rendered to patients as assigned.
- Provides consultation services to physicians and other surgeons and specialists.
- Assumes after-hours responsibilities for the care of assigned surgical cases and makes daily rounds for those hospitalized.
- Orders diagnostic laboratory studies and X-ray examinations, determining the diagnosis and prescribing applicable therapy.
- Makes recommendations to the HOD regarding medical referrals.
- Adheres to the By-laws and Rules and Regulations of the Medical Department and assures that work performed is in keeping with the established standards of the JCI.
- Consults with anesthesiologist on the choice of anesthesia to be used.
- Participates in and contributes to in-service activities such as lectures, conferences and rounds.
- Participates in the monthly staff meetings.
- Participates in the Quality Assurance activities of the Service (morbidity and mortality reviews, peer review activities etc.).
- Participates in hospital committee functions as assigned.
- Strictly observes organization’s medical regulations and policies especially those related to infection control, patient safety, patient assessment and patient care.
- Performs other miscellaneous related duties as required by the HOD.
- Monitors clinical and other established indicators to ensure ongoing quality assurance.
- Strictly adheres to organization’s regulations and policies especially those related to infection control, patient safety, EHSMS, HAAD, JCI and ISO.
- Supports Continuous Quality Improvement and participates and contributes to all the quality assurance activities of the service.
- Develops and promotes appropriate standards of departmental KPI’s (Key performance indicators).
- Participates and contributes in scheduled in-service training programs, CNEs, CMEs, In-house activities, conferences or other programs as requested.
- Exercises effective interpersonal skills in dealings with department staff, associates, and Management.
- Maintains confidentiality as per the agreement signed.
- Participates and contributes to developing departmental guidelines, protocols, manuals, pathways in line with international standards and statutory requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to others in promoting effective communication.
- Develops a thorough understanding of policies and procedures of the hospital and demonstrates respect for them.
- Carries out other duties when requested by the Head of the department.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards, and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply with those requirements.
- Work in accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities.
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses, and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports.
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies.
- Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills, and awareness programs.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems.
- Graduation from an approved medical school plus internship.
- Three years residency in Vascular Surgery culminating in procuring a Postgraduate Master’s degree and/or equivalent Fellowships approved by HAAD.
- Must have HAAD License to practice.
- Three or more year’s exclusive practice of Vascular Surgery since certification.
- English is required to prepare documentation and it is used as the common language to communicate with different nationalities. Basic knowledge of medical Arabic desirable.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of medical ethics
- Job Identification 3355
- Job Category Physicians
- Apply Before 01/31/2024, 12:08 PM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi, AE