Specialist Psychiatry Position Available in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Are you a passionate and dedicated Psychiatrist looking for a new opportunity? We have an exciting position available at NMC Royal Hospital in Abu Dhabi. Join our team as a Specialist in the Psychiatric Department and be a part of delivering efficient and high-quality healthcare to our patients.
As a Specialist in the Psychiatric Department, you will play a vital role in coordinating and monitoring the healthcare provided in the department. Your responsibilities will include promoting the efficient and effective delivery of quality healthcare in both the outpatient and inpatient sectors. You will provide direction and control over all department activities, ensuring the best interest of our patients.
- Perform administrative functions at the department level as established by the Medical Management.
- Support continuous quality improvement by developing and promoting appropriate standards of care.
- Develop and implement work assignments, on-call schedules, and vacation schedules for department staff.
- Supervise and monitor the delivery of healthcare by department staff, providing guidance and taking remedial action when necessary.
- Develop and implement effective Peer Review processes.
- Work closely with other committees to develop policies and procedures that promote quality healthcare for psychiatric patients.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in dealings with department staff, associates, and management.
- Exhibit leadership skills in developing a shared vision and motivating others to work toward common objectives.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding patient information and administrative matters of a confidential nature.
- Produce timely and high-quality written communications, assessments, proposals, and administrative documents.
- Demonstrate dependability in carrying out the commitments and obligations of the position.
- Listen effectively to promote communication and understanding.
- Develop a thorough understanding of hospital policies and procedures and adhere to them.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Medical Director.
- Comply with all OSH (Occupational Safety and Health) and infection control policies, standards, and procedures.
- Cooperate with hospital management to ensure compliance with OSH requirements.
- Follow documented OSH procedures and instructions and fulfill specific responsibilities.
- Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Report OSH hazards, incidents, near misses, and issues, and assist in the preparation of risk assessments and incident reports.
- Comply with waste management procedures and policies.
- Attend applicable OSH and infection control training programs, mock drills, and awareness programs.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems and follow safe working procedures.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Graduation from an approved medical school, including one year of internship and a minimum of three years of residency.
- Certification by an accredited Board of Psychiatric Medicine.
- At least two (2) years of practice as a licensed specialist in psychiatry.
- Excellent command of oral and written English. Knowledge of Arabic language is desirable but not essential.
- Must be highly skilled in the particular field of practice, with mature clinical judgment and the ability to provide professional leadership.
- Thorough knowledge of Medical Department policies and procedures, with a focus on maintaining confidentiality.
- A personality that inspires confidence and trust in patients.
- Adherence to Bylaws, Rules, and Regulations of the Medical Organization.
- Must have a valid DOH (Department of Health) License to practice.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective interaction with co-workers, superiors, patients, and families.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team as a Specialist in Psychiatry, click the button below to apply now. Don’t miss this opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our patients and contribute to the delivery of quality healthcare.
- Job Identification: 2748
- Job Category: Physicians
- Apply Before: 11/30/2023, 09:54 AM
- Job Schedule: Full-time
- Location: Abu Dhabi, AE