Registered Nurse – ICU Job Vacancy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Manages patients care in allocated area ensuring good standard of care provided.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of Practice as per HAAD Regulations)
- Provides direct care and related duties in critical care and maintains current knowledge of critical care nursing practice and standards.
- Plans, implements and evaluates nursing care given to assigned patient in an effective and organized manner.
- Provides for the physical, psychological and social needs of the patient and families
- Provides comprehensive pre-operative and post-operative nursing care to all surgical patients
- Predominant role in preparation, administration and documentation of medication.
- Performs a wide range of nursing procedures with attention to accuracy, patient safety and comfort, including those requiring strict aseptic technique
- Assists with transfer of patients within the health care facilities and serves as transport nurse for patients during ambulance transport.
- Demonstrates competency in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation and participates as a member of Code Blue hospital wide
- Maintains and updates all relevant patient documentation / medical records as per hospital policy and procedure.
- Follows the reporting mechanisms / chain of command in the nursing services department. All patient care issues shall be correctly and promptly reported.
- Demonstrates an economical approach to the utilization of equipment’s and supplies while assisting the head nurse to maintain an appropriate ward stock
- Takes responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Charge Nurse as assigned
- Responds to external disaster (Code Black) as per hospital protocol.
- Responsible for checking the crash cart as per the checklist
- Responsible for maintaining inventory checklist of medications including high alert medications and narcotics as per hospital policy
- Responsible for maintaining inventory checklist of Hazmat items including MSDS as per hospital policy
- Ensures preventative and ongoing maintenance of equipment is carried out, reporting all failures or deficiencies through appropriate department head
- Demonstrates strict adherence to all hospital policies and procedures
- Demonstrates sound knowledge and participates in fire safety, patient safety, infection control and the other necessary precautions as per hospital policy.
- Takes responsibility for professional clinical practice and is actively involved in updating and continuing education.
- Performs any other assigned responsibilities as identified by the Charge Nurse / Supervisor / Nursing Director.
- Work in all shifts as scheduled by the Head of Department.
- Strictly adheres to organization’s regulations and policies especially those related to infection control, patient safety, OSHMS, HAAD, JCI and ISO.
- Supports Continuous Quality Improvement and participates and contributes to all the quality assurance activities of the service.
- Participates and contributes in scheduled in-service training programs.
- Exercises effective interpersonal skills in dealings with department staff, associates and Management.
- Maintains confidentiality as per the agreement signed.
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to others in promoting effective communication.
- Develops thorough understanding of policies and procedures of the hospital and demonstrates respect for them.
- Carries out other duties when requested by the Head of department.
- OSH responsibilities of the position includes;
- Comply with reasonable OSH Instructions, regulatory requirements, safe working procedures, response protocols, storage and handling requirements for Hazardous materials, Medications.
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment that should be used in the department and safety systems
- Must be Familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Not willfully or recklessly endanger anyone’s health and safety
- Assist with the preparation of risk assessments
- Report OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues
- Attend all OSH Trainings, awareness programs and mock drills
- Follow safe Patient handling methods
- Complies with hand hygiene policy and safe handling of Needle stick, sharps Policy
- Should be able to use PPEs correctly, understand safety signs, labels and other posted information.
- Assist with Proper Identification, labeling and maintenance of all departmental hazardous materials, MSDS availability and its current inventory.
- Assist with Proper collection, Storage and disposal of hazardous materials as per NMCSH Waste management policy
- Proper maintenance and storage of HAZMAT Cabinet.
- Maintains the risk register, incident report register, MSDS record and all departmental training records
- Understanding of departmental OSH Objectives and Targets
- Involves in workplace safety inspections, internal, external audits and assists in implementing corrective actions and Coordinate with NMCSH Management.
QUALIFICATION, LICENSURE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Current license in country of origin and with HAAD license to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Minimum 2 years nursing experience in Intensive Care Unit in a reputed JCI accredited Hospital
- BLS / ACLS provider
- Good English spoken & written, Arabic language advantageous/desirable but not essential.
- Job Identification 2071
- Job Category Nursing
- Apply Before 06/30/2023, 05:19 PM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations Abu Dhabi, AE