Registered Nurse – Endoscopy Job vacancy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Directs supervises and coordinates the activities in the designated area and ensures good standard of care is provided
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check, prepare and assemble all machineries, equipment’s, and instruments required prior to procedure, based on patients procedural needs.
- Plan, implement and evaluate the peri-procedure nursing care given to patients, undergoing endoscopic procedures, is effective and in an organized manner.
- Providing technical assistance during diagnostic and therapeutic Endoscopic procedures, ensuring safe working practice
- Adheres strictly to the ‘TIME OUT’ procedure
- Competent in monitoring of patients during and post sedation / anesthesia
- Ensure that patients recovering from anesthesia receive optimum care and is able to demonstrate complete knowledge in the usage of Aldrete scoring
- Administer medications as ordered by the physician and monitor the patients as per the hospital policy
- Maintain and update all relevant patient documentation / medical records as per hospital policy and procedure.
- Responsible for proper storage, disinfection and utilization of the endoscopic scopes and its accessories
- Participating in the care and maintenance of cautery machine, manometry and other specialized equipment, ensuring an agreed standard of decontamination at all times including accurate records of traceability of all endoscopes and associated equipment
- Responsible for maintaining inventory checklist of medications as per hospital policy
- Responsible for maintaining inventory checklist of Hazmat items including MSDS as per hospital policy
- Follows the reporting mechanisms / chain of command in the nursing services department. All patient care issues shall be correctly and promptly reported.
- Demonstrates an economical approach to the utilization of equipment’s and supplies while assisting the head nurse to maintain an appropriate ward stock.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge and participates in fire safety, patient safety, infection control and the other necessary precautions as per hospital policy
- Takes responsibility for professional clinical practice and is actively involved in updating and continuing education.
- Takes responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Head Nurse as assigned
- Demonstrates strict adherence to all hospital policies and procedures
- Carries out other duties as instructed by the Nursing Shift Supervisor / Nursing Administrator
- Responsible for checking the crash carts and emergency equipment as per the hospital policy
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements
- Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies
- Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems
QUALIFICATION, LICENSURE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILLS:
4.1 Bachelor of Science in Nursing/Diploma in Nursing.
4.2 Current license in country of origin and with HAAD license to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE
4.3 Minimum 2 years nursing experience after qualification.
4.4 BLS and ACLS provider
4.5 Good English spoken and written; Arabic language advantageous/desirable but not essential.
- Job Identification 2100
- Job Category Nursing
- Apply Before 07/31/2023, 02:31 PM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi, AE