ENGLISH HIGH SCHOOL
English- Middle School Teacher Job Vacancy in Al Ain, UAE
We are looking for an outstanding Middle School/Secondary Maths Teacher to join our team for August 2023.
Applicants will be fully qualified teachers with exceptional subject knowledge and experience.
Academic and Pastoral Responsibilities:
• Delivering effective child-centred lessons in a well-planned, vibrant learning environment
• Supporting and liaising closely with middle leaders, SENCO, administrators and other teachers
• Work directly with other teachers to improve and develop skills, knowledge and pedagogy so that student outcomes are improved.
• Effective contribution to team planning
• Work directly with Section/Key Stage Leaders and Heads of Department to support the improvement of academic standards in every section of the school
• Contribute to the Quality Assurance programme for parent engagement to ensure outstanding standards in parent communication and engagement
• Be familiar with the UAE framework for teaching to ensure a minimum standard of “good” teaching in all lessons
• Use and welcome mentoring/coaching methods to develop reflective practice and encourage the use of new learning strategies
• Conduct supportive peer lesson observations and help to set up actions plans as required
• Play an active role in the teaching, learning and assessment quality assurance process as appropriate and when required
• Attend internal and external events, take part in peer reviews, and be proactive in developing own continuous professional development
• Identify areas of good practice and develop and share resources as exemplars
• Develop, promote and involve teaching staff in creative initiatives to share good practice
• Ensure that observation outcomes inform appraisal action plans
• Monitor and drive improvements in the quality of written (marking) and verbal feedback to learners
• Ensure that the curriculum is supported and underpinned by effective schemes of work and well-differentiated planning of lessons
The successful applicant will have the following:
• A certified teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent
• A specific qualification relating to the teaching of Mathematics (bachelor degree)
• The desire to provide Outstanding teaching and learning
• Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
• At least 2 years of post-qualifying experience
Bachelor of Science (Maths) + Master of Science (Maths) + Bachelor of Education. (Distance or open university degrees are not accepted)
A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
An excellent team player both within the department and across phases
Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents
Good command of English.
Trusted for over 60 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 170,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division.
About the School
Established in 1992, the school has quickly become one of the most well respected in the region, following the Indian and English curriculum to reflect its international outlook. At kindergarten and primary level, the school follows an internationally accepted syllabus to meet the particular needs of children from different backgrounds. At the secondary stage, the school is affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi, which conducts the All India Secondary School Examination (Grade 10). At the end of the senior secondary stage, pupils sit for the All India Senior School Certificate Examination (AISSCE)Grade 12. It is also affiliated with the University Of Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE), United Kingdom, which conducts the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)., or the Advanced Subsidiary (AS Level) or Advanced (A Level) examinations, depending on their programme of study.
- If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application.
To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
2. Passport-size photograph
3. Degree certificate
In line with the UAE’s Emiratisation goals, GEMS welcomes and encourages applications from UAE nationals to join our fast-growing team.
To apply for this job please visit careers.gemseducation.com.