At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
Assistant Resident Engineer Mechanical for Electrical substations
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead the site team members and provide direction for all field engineering
- Ensure that consistent quality standards and conformance with design plans and specifications are maintained in all engineering disciplines.
- Responsible for enforcing specification and codes of practice.
- Rule on all major technical and engineering issues and define appropriate inspection and testing requirements for each element of the programme.
- Ensure the adequacy of engineering, inspection, and testing functions for the contract and ensure documentation of works of the Contractor with required standards.
- Responsible for the review and approval of design calculations and drawings.
- Ensure consistent and thorough submittal reviews of the Contractors’ submission have been done throughout the submittal approval process.
- Ensure that the use of compatible materials and equipment is well coordinated
- Involvement in contract-related matters on the project. Attendance in meetings, discussions with clients, contractors and to lead in technical and progress discussions
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in the supervision of construction works, preferably Electrical projects
Minimum Degree in Mechanical Engineering
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Business Line: Water
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: ME and Africa
Career Area: Construction
Work Location Model: On-Site