Medical Coder Job Vacancy in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Ensures proper coding of documents in accordance with the regulator’ coding guidelines and regulations.
- The incumbent checks and sequences the most accurate ICD-9/ ICD10- CM/CPT/HCPCS/DRG/Other codes for diagnoses and procedures for documented information. Assures the final diagnoses and operative procedures as stated by the physician are valid and complete.
- Abstracts all necessary information from health records to identify secondary complications and co-morbid conditions.
- Evaluates the record for documentation consistency and adequacy. Ensures that the final diagnosis accurately reflects the care and treatment rendered. Computes and gives the correct DRG coding all inpatients cases.
- Providing training and guiding other coders / Medical Records Technicians in coding, updating them with new coding rules and regulations as and when it is necessary.
- Analyzes doctors’ documentation to assure the appropriate Evaluation & Management (E & M) levels are assigned using the correct CPT code.
- Ensures coding is as per HAAD guidelines and regulations.
- Provides feedback to Doctors regarding coding errors or oversights.
- Constantly updates to the latest coding versions and HAAD coding directives.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Performs any other jobs or duties assigned by the HOD from time to time within the scope of job title.
- A graduate of bachelor’s Degree in Allied Health Sciences or related areas with at least two (2) years of coding experience with valid Certified Coding Associate (CCA) certification from American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification from American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
- Computer Literacy, MS Office.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Performance Criteria:
- Achievement of Core objectives in line with the expectations of the Management and stakeholders
- Ability to work constructively and interact professionally with others
- Ability to coordinate multiple task, adjust to changing priorities and work within deadlines.
- Ability to attend to meetings outside of normal business hours
- Job Identification 2856
- Job Category Non Medical-Operations
- Apply Before 09/29/2023, 09:06 AM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations Dubai, AE