Specialist Paediatric (UAE National) Job Vacancy in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The pediatrician will be responsible for attending ambulatory and hospitalized patients in the age group from birth to the 14th birthday, including cases of all degrees of complexity, according to approved standards of medicine. Work is performed to meet established medical ethical and legal rules in the field of pediatrics and by observing practices and procedures as required by Medical Services. This embraces the medical standards required in such fields as infectious diseases, cardiology, gastroenterology, central nervous system, hematology, endocrinology and other fields of pediatrics. Supervision is minimal due to the nature of the work involved. The majority of professional problems encountered are solved without reference to the HoD, who is informed of unusual problems or actions taken regarding unusual cases.
- Performs the professional duties of a pediatrician.
- To perform his duties in the Pediatric Outpatient Clinic evaluating patients on a daily basis.
- Performs general or special examinations and other procedures covering the full scope of the field of pediatrics. Orders laboratory examinations and x-rays, determines diagnosis, prescribes nursing and dietary care necessary, orders or applies such preventive measures as required.
- Serves as pediatric consultant to Surgery and OB/Gyn to in- and out-patients as assigned and/or required.
- Serves as a specialist in pediatrics providing consultative services to the other Medical Services. Provides technical assistance with pediatric patients.
- Reviews journals, texts or periodicals in order to keep current on latest techniques, procedures, drugs and therapy.
- Participates in scheduled in-service training programs and in the regular Physicians’ Conferences.
- Provides on-call emergency coverage for pediatric emergencies.
- Performs other miscellaneous related duties as requested.
- To follow appropriate international guidelines, DHA regulations & Joint Commission International norms while treating or managing patients as well as while discharging their professional duties.
- Graduate of approved Medical School with a valid license to practice medicine.
- Certification by the American Board of Pediatrics or equivalent U.K. certification Member of the Royal College of Physicians (PAEDS).
- At least 2 years as a full-time pediatrician, after residency training.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of medical ethics, with particular reference to the obligation to maintain the confidentiality of his work; personality which inspires confidence and trust in his patients; and adhere to Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Organization.
- Current licensure in country of origin and with DHA license to practice in Dubai, UAE.
- Excellent command of oral and written English. Knowledge of Arabic language is desirable but not essential.
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with co-workers, superiors, patients & families.
- Job Identification 1477
- Job Category Physicians
- Apply Before 06/26/2023, 05:03 PM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations Dubai, AE