Specialist Orthopedic Surgery Job Vacancy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Provides patients with orthopedic care, including diagnosis, pre-operative care, all major and minor operative procedures in the field of orthopedics and post-operative treatment including complicated cases which are with in his / her competence. Provides preventive care of patients according to approved procedures as part of an integrated program of curative and preventive services.
- Provides comprehensive and diligent orthopedic care to all assigned patients, including pre- and post-operative care and such orthopedic procedures as are within incumbent’s competence.
- Performs professional duties at OPD at which out-patient orthopedic care is to be rendered to patients.
- Provides consultation services to physicians and other surgeons and specialists, on in-or out-patient cases if and when required.
- Assumes after hours responsibility for the care of admitted orthopedic cases and makes daily rounds for those hospitalized. Refers to specialists or consults with them on those cases which are beyond his skill or experience.
- Adheres to the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of the medical department and assures that work performed is in keeping with the established standards of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of hospitals.
- Consults with anesthetist on the choice of anesthesia to be used.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of all assigned cases
- Keeps informed as to current developments in the field of orthopedic.
- Determines which surgical and related services procedures are proper to undertake and when new techniques will be utilized. Determines requirements and initiates action to assure availability of special equipment and supplies.
- Utilizes and monitors to assure the use supporting services (Nursing, Operations Support, Pathology, Radiology) in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- They will take Most Responsible Physician (MRP) responsibilities for patients under their direct care.
- The position of MRP can only be transferred with the agreement of another physician.
- They will give professional advice and provide technical services, for which they are privileged, to another Specialist or Consultant or their patient as requested.
- They will both give and request consultations according to the Medical Centre policies on consultations.
- They will take professional responsibility for the care given to their patients by themselves and any junior medical staff working under their direction in the environment provided by the Medical Centre management.
- They will be responsible for contributing to the teaching of all staff involved in the care of their patients to ensure that they can do those things that are expected of them by their clinical privileges.
- They are expected to demonstrate team leadership to the group of staff working directly with them.
- They are expected to work in a collegiate manner with all Medical Centre staff.
- They are expected to work within the various rules, regulations and guidelines of the section and Department in which they work.
- They are expected to contribute to the production of Clinical Guidelines, Critical Care Pathways and Managed care processes as needed for the care of their patients or upon the request from their line managers.
- Take ‘on-call’ duty, according to the department rota and the needs of their patients.
- When on out of normal working hours ‘on-call’ duty, they will take on a temporary MRP responsibility for all the patients left under their care. They will therefore ensure that the process of handover is carried out appropriate to the patient’s requirements.
- When a Specialist has a temporary MRP role their clinical privileges remain the same. If the normal MRP or one with their same clinical privileges are not available to deal with a problem outside the ‘on-call’ physician’s agreed capability, the situation of emergency privileges applies.
- The Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the patient and or the family are kept fully informed about their condition in an ethical and humane manner.
- He/she is also responsible for protecting the patient from anxiety related to partially hear or poorly understood medical conversation. Criticism of colleagues in front of patients or relatives is never good medical practice unless it is in a strict medical legal consultation situation and where they are prepared to put the criticism in writing.
- MBBS or MBChB or equivalent qualification from an accredited institution
- MSc/PhD in Orthopedics with experience in Arthroscopy & ACL Surgery as well as a special interest in spine surgery
- Valid DOH License preferable/DOH Pass or DHA License and open to relocate to Abu Dhabi
- Strictly adheres to organization’s regulations and policies especially those related to infection control, patient safety, EHSMS, HAAD, JCI and ISO.
- Fluent communication is Arabic & English
- Valid BLS and ACLS
- Exercises effective interpersonal skills in dealings with department staff, associates and Management.
- Job Identification 2665
- Job Category Physicians
- Apply Before 09/26/2023, 10:28 AM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations Abu Dhabi, AE