Specialist General Surgery Job Vacancy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
BE THE FIRST TO APPLY
The Incumbent is a General Surgeon who provides consulting, operative (major as well as minor/elective as well as emergency), and attending services to patients of any age group, including diagnosis, pre- and post-operative care of all operative cases and procedures in the field of general and trauma surgery.
- Attend ambulatory and hospitalized surgical patients, including cases of all degrees of complexity within the area of competence and expertise.
- Provide surgical care of a more specialized nature as approved by the credential committee.
- Follow medical, ethical, and legal rules in the field of general surgery and practice state-of-the-art techniques.
- Ensure the quality and appropriateness of patient care provided by all physicians within the clinical privileges.
- Inform the HOD (Head of Department) of unusual problems or actions taken regarding unusual cases.
- Perform management functions and duties of a general surgeon, including expert medical care for ambulatory and hospitalized patients.
- Provide consultation services to physicians and other surgeons and specialists.
- Assume after-hours responsibilities for the care of assigned surgical cases and make daily rounds for hospitalized patients.
- Order diagnostic laboratory studies and X-ray examinations, determine the diagnosis, and prescribe applicable therapy.
- Make recommendations to the HOD regarding medical referrals.
- Adhere to the By-laws, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Department, and established standards of JCI (Joint Commission International) and DOH (Department of Health).
- Liaise with anesthesiologists on the choice of anesthesia to be used.
- Participate in in-service activities such as lectures, conferences, and rounds.
- Participate in staff meetings and Quality Assurance activities of the Service.
- Participate in hospital committee functions as assigned.
- Strictly observe the organization’s medical regulations and policies, including those related to infection control, patient safety, patient assessment, and patient care.
- Perform other miscellaneous related duties as required by the HOD.
- Monitor clinical and established indicators to ensure ongoing quality assurance.
- Adhere to organization’s regulations and policies, including those related to infection control, patient safety, EHSMS (Environment, Health, Safety, and Medical Services), DOH, JCI, and ISO.
- Support Continuous Quality Improvement and participate in all quality assurance activities of the service.
- Develop and promote appropriate standards of departmental KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
- Participate and contribute to scheduled in-service training programs, CNEs (Continuing Nursing Education), CMEs (Continuing Medical Education), in-house activities, conferences, or other programs as requested.
- Exercise effective interpersonal skills in dealings with department staff, associates, and management.
- Maintain confidentiality as per the agreement signed.
- Participate and contribute to developing departmental guidelines, protocols, manuals, and pathways in line with international standards and statutory requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to listen to others in promoting effective communication.
- Develop a thorough understanding of hospital policies and procedures and demonstrate respect for them.
- Carry out other duties when requested by the Head of the department.
- Provide after working hours on-call emergency coverage for general surgeries and trauma cases when needed.
- Comply with all OSH (Occupational Safety and Health) and infection control policies, standards, and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply with those requirements.
- Work in accordance with documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities.
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Notify OSH hazards, incidents, near misses, and issues and assist with the preparation of risk assessments and incident reports.
- Comply with waste management procedures and policies.
- Attend applicable OSH/infection control training programs, mock drills, and awareness programs.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems and follow safe working procedures.
- Graduation from an approved medical school plus internship.
- Three years residency in General Surgery and/or equivalent Fellowships approved by DOH.
- Must have DOH License to practice.
- Three or more years of exclusive practice of General Surgery since certification.
- Proficiency in English for documentation and communication purposes, with basic knowledge of medical Arabic desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of medical ethics, including the obligation to maintain the confidentiality of work.
- Personality that inspires confidence and trust in patients and adherence to by-laws, rules, and regulations of the medical organization.
- Job Identification: 2830
- Job Category: Physicians
- Apply Before: 10/31/2023, 09:53 AM
- Job Schedule: Full-time
- Location: Abu Dhabi, AE