Specialist Endocrinology Job Vacancy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
2. JOB SUMMARY:
To provide specialized services to patients for the diagnosis and management of diseases of the endocrine system.
- 3.1 To perform the professional duties of an endocrinologist in accordance with the delineation of privileges as recommended and approved by the Credentials Committee.
- 3.2 To perform his duties in the Endocrinology Clinic, evaluating patients with hormonal diseases.
- 3.3 Provides after working hours on call emergency coverage for endocrinology emergencies.
- 3.4 To perform endocrinal procedures – dynamic hormonal test in appropriate patient
- 3.5 To provide consultation/referral services to the inpatient services in his area of expertise.
- 3.6 To work with the patients throughout the entire process starting from consultation to treatment plan.
- 3.7 Provides supervision and education to the staff nurses, patients and technicians.
- 3.8 Participates and contributes to all the quality assurance activities of the service (e.g. monthly mortality and morbidity conference, peer review, audit and chart review).
- 3.9 Orders diagnostic laboratory studies and X-ray examinations, determining the diagnosis and prescribing applicable therapy
- 3.10 Participates in and contributes to in-service activities such as lectures, conferences and rounds
- 3.11 Participates in the monthly staff meetings
- 3.12 Strictly observes organization’s medical regulations and policies especially those related to infection control, patient safety, patient assessment and patient care
- 3.13 Performs other miscellaneous related duties as required by the HOD.
- 3.14 Monitors clinical and other established indicators to ensure ongoing quality assurance
- 3.15 Strictly adheres to organization’s regulations and policies especially those related to infection control, patient safety, EHSMS, DOH, JCI and ISO
- 3.16 Develops and promotes appropriate standards of departmental KPI’s (Key performance indicators).
- 3.17 Participates and contributes in scheduled in-service training programs, CNEs, CMEs, In-house activities, conferences or other programs as requested
- 3.18 Maintains confidentiality as per the agreement signed
- 3.19 Participates and contributes in developing departmental guidelines, protocols, manuals, pathways in line with international standards and statutory requirements
- 3.20 Demonstrates the ability to listen to others in promoting effective communication
- 3.21 Develops thorough understanding of policies and procedures of the hospital and demonstrates respect for them
- 3.22 Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements
- 3.23 Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities
- 3.24 Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- 3.25 Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports
- 3.26 Comply with Waste management procedures and policies
- 3.27 Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs
- 3.28 Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems and follow safe working procedures
4. QUALIFICATION, LICENSURE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILLS:
4.1 Graduation from an approved Medical School plus internship
4.1.1. 3-year residency of Internal Medicine Residency.
4.1.2. 3 years Residency training in a recognized residency in Endocrinology and/or equivalent fellowships approved by DOH.
4.2 Current license in country of origin with Specialist Endocrinologist, DOH license to practice in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
4.3 Minimum 3 years’ experience of practice in the field of Endocrinology (Hormonal Diseases).
- Job Identification 1917
- Job Category Physicians
- Apply Before 08/31/2023, 11:41 AM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi, AE