At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
The primary role and responsibilities of the Senior Resident Engineer are the following:
- Act as the Engineers Representative.
- Direct supervision and coordination of the construction works to achieve construction in accordance with the Contract Documents.
- Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the construction team namely, the Resident Engineers, inspectors, surveyors and materials teams.
- Lead the construction supervision team.
- Manage construction supervision, quality control, financial control, hand over and other site operations.
- Act as the point of contact for Contractors.
- Monitor progress against accepted construction schedule and review the Contractors progress reports.
- Asses the progress and inform the Engineer and the client in case of delay.
- Manage the change procedure in agreement with the Engineer and issue properly authorized instructions to the Contractor, as appropriate.
- Report to the Engineer on actual progress against the schedule and cost objectives.
- Identify specific problems that have occurred, and the proposed solutions by the Contractors, as appropriate.
- Provide claims analysis support, including dispute resolution.
- Participate in contract close-out activities.
- Coordinate with all concerned parties on all construction (and design) issues.
- Chair the progress meetings with the Contractor and report on issues, as necessary.
- Report issues, status and progress of works on site.
- Monitor the Contractors performance.
- Monitor concerned authorities (agencies) approvals.
- Monitor and report on deficiencies related to planned resources.
- Review Contractors progress reports.
- Assess progress on site and prepare reports to be submitted to the Engineer.
- Coordinate (as necessary) all utility matters between contractors and all concerned Agencies.
- Set and monitor duration of submittal review and approval of shop drawings, material submittals, etc.
- Monitor and manage the as built records.
- Provide final approval to Works and arrange handover and mange the contract close out activities.
- Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project.
- Fully accountable and responsible for ensuring the Project Safety Plan (HSE) is in place and functioning from the beginning of the project; participates in HSE development. Ensures that all Parsons Project based employees work safely and in accordance with the HSE.
- Maintain a daily dairy by him, all Resident Engineers and daily reports by all inspectors.
- Check and verify the information in the Contractors daily report including all the resources (labor, equipment and materials).
- Maintain awareness of contracts financial status.
- Qualified professional who can manage and coordinate specialized activity, discipline or team of moderate size and complexity Leads in the formulation of advanced technical concepts.
- 15+ years working relevant experience.
— Relevant working experience in infrastructure, roads & highways projects is a must. Regional experience is preferred.
BSc Degree in Electrical Engineering
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Business Line: Water
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: ME and Africa
Career Area: Construction
Work Location Model: On-Site