At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
- Performs specific and moderate portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered using modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignments.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
- Independently performs all the tasks necessary to complete primary design
elements for engineering works.
- Performance at this level requires developmental experience in a professional position.
- Preparation of all design stages of road geometry, signing and marking, ancillary works of major urban and inter-urban road projects, incorporating tunnels, sophisticated grade separation interchanges, and service roads, investigation of alternatives, route selection and preparation of the main items of bill quantities.
- Assigning work to junior engineers, supervising work, acquiring Road Design approvals.
- Coordination with local authorities for Road geometry, TIS approvals.
- Responsible for the submission, discussion and follow up with local authorities for approvals and permits in coordination with department local authority Engineer.
- Work coactively with the design team, collaborate closely with sub-consultants and liaising with clients ensuring their satisfaction.
- Responsible for acquiring Road Design approvals, work closely with TIS consultant in obtaining approval from the concerned authorities.
- Provide design support during the construction stage.
- Leads a highway team, leads the highway design work, and coordinates with other design disciplines.
- Coordinates and communicates with the client.
- Performs interdisciplinary reviews and provides coordinating data to ensure a compatible design.
- Understands and applies company commonly used design standards and methods.
- Prepares manpower estimates.
- Design of grade-separated interchanges and complex interchanges.
- Design of junctions of roundabouts and signalized junctions both horizontally and vertically, and the development of site grading.
- Design the Roads in 3D environment.
- Design of road cross-sections and generating earthwork quantities from the 3D model.
- Pavement design and pavement design reports.
- Be able to prepare the required presentations to client using PowerPoint or any other applicable software.
- Reviews supplier data as required.
- Reads supplier manufacturer drawings.
- Completes additional duties as assigned.
- Senior Roads & Highways Design Engineer Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the UAE and KSA working on public and private sector projects at least 5 of which are with a recognized Consultancy or PMC
- Approved status with DMT and RTA is preferred
- Knowledge with the local authority procedure, standards and regulations in UAE is essential.
- Expertise in Civil 3D.
- Conversant with local authority approval procedure related to road design. including authority NOC/approval/permit procedure.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
BEng or MEng in Civil engineering
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Business Line: Transportation
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: ME and Africa
Career Area: Engineering
Work Location Model: On-Site