Registered Nurse – Urology OPD Job Vacancy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Registered Nurse to join our team at NMC Specialty Hospital in Abu Dhabi. The ideal candidate will have a passion for nursing and patient care, and be able to provide a wide range of nursing services to our patients undergoing urological procedures.
- Assists specialists / consultants in the specific procedures done in the urological OPD.
- Performs the initial assessment of the patients
- Performs nursing procedures with attention to accuracy, patient safety and comfort
- Ensures strict aseptic techniques are followed while performing the various urological procedures
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the unit as per infection control and waste management policy of the hospital
- Demonstrates deep knowledge in the nursing care of patients undergoing urological procedures
- Provides appropriate health teaching to the patient and family about further management and care
- Prepares, administers and documents medication if given to the patient
- Maintains and updates all relevant patient documentations/medical records as per hospital policy and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient’s records
- Coordinates with the front office desk of her/his designated area for smooth functioning and optimum patient care
- Follows the reporting mechanisms/chain of command in the Nursing Department. Ensuring patient care issues are correctly and quickly reported.
- Takes responsibility for professional clinical practice and is actively involved in updating and continuing education.
- Competent with cardio-pulmonary resuscitation technique
- Responsible for checking the crash cart as per the checklist
- Responsible for appropriate storage and maintaining inventory of medications including high alert medications and narcotics as per hospital policy
- Responsible for appropriate storage and maintaining inventory of Hazmat items including the MSDS as per hospital policy
- Ensures preventative and ongoing maintenance of equipment is carried out, reporting all failures or deficiencies through appropriate department head
- Demonstrates an economical approach to the utilization of equipment’s and supplies while assisting the Charge Nurse to maintain an appropriate ward stock.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge and participates in fire safety, patient safety, infection control and the other necessary precautions as per hospital policy.
- Takes responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Charge Nurse as assigned
- Demonstrates strict adherence to all hospital policies and procedures
- Carries out other duties as instructed by the Nursing Shift Supervisor / Nursing Director.
- Responsible for implementing health and safety measures related to the Pandemic for themselves and others by their actions or omissions, and continue the provision of health-care during a pandemic.
- Responsible to comply with the managements instructions and policies, i.e. follow safe work practices, use equipment, wear protective equipment, participate in training, and report hazards or injury, etc.
- Responsible to monitor their own health and immediately report any issues of concern to their HOD.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Current license in country of origin and with DOH license to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Minimum 2 years nursing experience after qualification.
- BLS provider
- Good English spoken & written, Arabic language advantageous/desirable but not essential.
Please click the button below to apply for this job.
- Job Identification: 2516
- Job Category: Nursing
- Apply Before: 10/26/2023, 12:12 PM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: Abu Dhabi, AE