Registered Nurse – PICU Job Vacancy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Manages patients care in allocated area ensuring good standard of care provided
- Provide direct care and related duties in critical care and maintain current knowledge of critical care nursing practice and standards.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge in the nursing care of patients undergoing the various procedures in the department.
- Ensure that aseptic techniques are followed while performing the various procedures in the department.
- Ensure that injury notification is done appropriately.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge in the nursing care of patients with varied illness.
- Plan, implement and evaluate nursing care given to assigned patient in an effective and organized manner.
- Provide for the physical, psychological and social needs of the patient and families.
- Provide comprehensive pre-operative and post-operative nursing care to all surgical patients.
- Play a predominant role in preparation, administration and documentation of medication.
- Perform a wide range of nursing procedures with attention to accuracy, patient safety and comfort, including those requiring strict aseptic technique.
- Assist with transfer of patients within the health care facilities and serve as transport nurse for patients during ambulance transport.
- Demonstrate competency in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and participate as a member of Code Blue hospital wide.
- Maintain and update all relevant patient documentation / medical records as per hospital policy and procedure.
- Follow the reporting mechanisms / chain of command in the nursing services department. All patient care issues shall be correctly and promptly reported.
- Demonstrate an economical approach to the utilization of equipment’s and supplies while assisting the head nurse to maintain an appropriate ward stock.
- Take responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Charge Nurse as assigned.
- Respond to external disaster (Code Black) as per hospital protocol.
- Be responsible for checking the crash cart as per the checklist.
- Be responsible for maintaining inventory checklist of medications including high alert medications and narcotics as per hospital policy.
- Be responsible for maintaining inventory checklist of Hazmat items including MSDS as per hospital policy.
- Ensure preventative and ongoing maintenance of equipment is carried out, reporting all failures or deficiencies through appropriate department head.
- Demonstrate strict adherence to all hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and participate in fire safety, patient safety, infection control and the other necessary precautions as per hospital policy.
- Take responsibility for professional clinical practice and is actively involved in updating and continuing education.
- Perform any other assigned responsibilities as identified by the Charge Nurse/ Supervisor/ Nursing Administrator.
- Show competency in pediatric assessment.
- Demonstrate competency in handling patients on mechanical ventilator with endotracheal tubes or patients with tracheostomy.
- Provide care for the patients on non-invasive ventilation, such as BIPAP, CPAP and Optiflow.
- Assist with lumbar puncture, insertion of central line, arterial line, intercostal drain and demonstrate competency to handle those devices.
- Manage patients with blood and blood products transfusion.
- Handle and monitor patients with invasive monitoring devices, Foley catheter, nasogastric tube or having total parenteral nutrition as well as enteral feeding through the tubes.
- Assist and monitor patients during procedures done under sedation.
- Monitor and adjust specialized equipment used on patients such as cardiac monitor, syringe pump, infusion pump, feeding pump, blood warmer, cooling blanket and patient warmer.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements.
- Work according to the documented ISO Quality Management System.
4. QUALIFICATION, LICENSURE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILLS:
4.1 Bachelor of Science in Nursing / Diploma in Nursing.
4.2 Current license in country of origin and with HAAD (Health Authority Abu Dhabi) license to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
4.3 Minimum 2 years nursing experience in Intensive Care Unit
4.4 BLS provider
4.5 Demonstrates sound decision-making and leadership skills
4.6 Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
4.7 Arabic speaking is desirable but not essential.
- Job Identification 974
- Job Category Nursing
- Apply Before 08/31/2023, 11:28 AM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi, AE