Registered Nurse – Pediatric Ward Job Vacancy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
2. JOB SUMMARY:
Manages patients care in allocated area ensuring good standard of care provided.
3. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 3.1 Provides direct care and related duties in ward and maintains current knowledge of patient care nursing practice and standards.
- 3.2 Plans, implements and evaluates nursing care given to assigned patient in an effective and organized manner.
- 3.3 Provides for the physical, psychological and social needs of the patient and families
- 3.4 Provides comprehensive pre-operative and post-operative nursing care to all surgical patients
- 3.5 Predominant role in preparation, administration and documentation of medication.
- 3.6 Performs a wide range of nursing procedures with attention to accuracy, patient safety and comfort, including those requiring strict aseptic technique
- 3.7 Assists with transfer of patients within the health care facilities and serves as transport nurse for patients during ambulance transport.
- 3.8 Demonstrates competency in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation and participates as a member of Code Blue hospital wide.
- 3.9 Maintains and updates all relevant patient documentation / medical records as per hospital policy and procedure.
- 3.10 Follows the reporting mechanisms / chain of command in the nursing services department. All patient care issues shall be correctly and promptly reported.
- 3.11 Demonstrates an economical approach to the utilization of equipment’s and supplies while assisting the head nurse to maintain an appropriate ward stock
- 3.12 Takes responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Charge Nurse as assigned
- 3.13 Responds to external disaster (Code Black) as per hospital protocol.
- 3.14 Responsible for checking the crash cart as per the checklist
- 3.15 Responsible for maintaining inventory checklist of medications including high alert medications and narcotics as per hospital policy
- 3.16 Responsible for maintaining inventory checklist of Hazmat items including MSDS as per hospital policy
- 3.17 Ensures preventative and ongoing maintenance of equipment is carried out, reporting all failures or deficiencies through appropriate department head
- 3.18 Demonstrates strict adherence to all hospital policies and procedures
- 3.19 Demonstrates sound knowledge and participates in fire safety, patient safety, infection control and the other necessary precautions as per hospital policy.
- 3.20 Takes responsibility for professional clinical practice and is actively involved in updating and continuing education.
- 3.21 Performs any other assigned responsibilities as identified by the Charge Nurse / Supervisor / Nursing Administrator.
- 3.22 Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements
- 3.23 Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities
- 3.24 Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- 3.25 Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports
- 3.26 Comply with Waste management procedures and policies
- 3.27 Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs
- 3.28 Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems
4. QUALIFICATION, LICENSURE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILLS:
4.1 Bachelor of Science in Nursing/Diploma in Nursing. 4.2 Current license in country of origin and with HAAD license to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE 4.3 Minimum 2 years nursing experience in Intensive Care Unit 4.4 BLS / ACLS provider 4.5 Good English spoken & written, Arabic language advantageous/desirable but not essential.
- Job Identification 1942
- Job Category Nursing
- Apply Before 08/31/2023, 10:09 AM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi, AE