Radiographer Job vacancy in United Arab Emirates
Diagnostic radiographers assist in the diagnosis of injuries and diseases, and contribute towards establishing treatment plans. They are also involved in intervention procedures, e.g. the removal of kidney stones, orthopedic procedures, etc. A diagnostic radiographer uses X-ray, angiography, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, and to produce images of organs and body parts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assess patients and interpreting clinical requirements to determine appropriate radiographic techniques.
- To perform a range of radiographic examinations and also assist in more complex radiological examinations under the supervision of a radiologist and senior staff.
- To observe and maintain contact with patients during their waiting, examination and post-examination stay in the department.
- To work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team to ensure that an efficient service is provided to patients, for example by sharing specialist knowledge and expertise.
- Use initiative to prioritize, deliver and time-manage workload effectively and, when appropriate, assisting senior staff to plan efficient control of work flow patterns within the department.
- To communicate with patients and others in a clear, respectful and appropriate way.
- To position patients safely for examinations and, if necessary, adapt standard techniques depending on medical conditions associated with disability, illness or trauma.
- To record imaging identification and patient documentation quickly and accurately and observing protocols to ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act and patient confidentiality.
- To learn new techniques and technologies as required by professional bodies and participate in annual performance appraisal programmes.
- To supervise assistant practitioners, and other staff, and delivering appropriate training
- To understand and observe health and safety at work and welfare issues, including ionizing radiation regulations, to protect yourself and others.
- Undertaking quality control checks on X-rays and associated equipment, and contributing to quality assurance and audit initiatives.
- Ensuring that equipment is regularly checked for malfunctions and any faults are reported.
- Reporting incidents of injury to yourself or others according to departmental procedures.
- Maintaining high levels of cleanliness and tidiness of equipment and department.
- Routine X-ray, Fluoroscopy, BMD, & Mammography:
- To explain to the patient before starting the procedure.
- To ensure that rooms/equipments are clean, proper explanation and necessary radiation protection is given to the patient before starting procedures.
- To take x-rays; carry out fluoroscopy procedures as per the instruction and check the quality before the patient leaves the department and given if for digital processing.
- To send the images for reporting to doctor’s reporting lobby through PACS system.
- To attend the bedside x-rays and theatre calls whenever required.
- To give necessary instruction and appointment to the patient in case of contrast studies.
- Work in all shifts as scheduled by the Head of Department.
- Strictly adheres to organization’s regulations and policies especially those related to infection control, patient safety, OSHAD, DOH, JCI and ISO.
- Supports Continuous Quality Improvement and participates and contributes to all the quality assurance activities of the service.
- Participates and contributes in scheduled in-service training programs.
- Exercises effective interpersonal skills in dealings with department staff, associates and Management.
- Maintains confidentiality as per the agreement signed.
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to others in promoting effective communication.
- Develops thorough understanding of policies and procedures of the hospital and demonstrates respect for them.
- Carries out other duties when requested by the Head of department.
General OSH Responsibilities, Authority and accountabilities of the position includes:
- Familiarize themselves and comply with all OSH and Infection Control policies, standards and procedures that are relevant for their workplace
- Work in accordance with the documented occupational, safety and health procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities defined in individual procedures and instructions.
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment (Eg: Lead Hand gloves, face shield, Lead Goggle’s, lead apron etc.) and safety systems and follow safe working procedures
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Not willfully or recklessly endanger anyone’s health and safety. Take reasonable care for the health and safety of persons that may be affected by the employee’s acts or omissions at the workplace.
- Assist with the preparation of risk assessments
- Attend applicable departmental safety training and follow OSHMS policies and prcedures.
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety
- Cooperate with their employer with respect to any action taken by the employer to comply with OSHMS requirements.
- Notify supervisor or Department Safety facilitator of any hazards, health and safety mishaps or incidents within or outside their area of work.
Task Specific OSH Responsibilities, Authority and accountabilities of the position includes:
- Comply with reasonable Local radiation rules, Radiology Manual, right usage and care of PPE, radiation protection factors (Time, Distance & Shielding) / ALARA Concept, appropriate handling of DIS Badges, Dosimeters and Radiation Protective Garments and compliance with exposure limits
- Ensure all the equipment’s, accessories used inside the MRI are compatible for that
- Make sure MRI Compatible fire extinguishers are inspected properly and in working condition.
- Check warning lights, signages are available and in good condition.
- Assist for proper collection, storage and disposal of damaged leaded aprons, gloves, goggles and other radiation related hazardous material as per NMCSH Waste management policy
- Must comply with ionizing radiation regulations, protect staff and patients, pregnant radiation workers, biological effects of ionizing radiation (Deterministic & Stochastic effects), radiation safety procedure for pediatric patients and while handling portable X-Ray.
- Must comply with FANR reporting procedure.
- Must educate Patients Regarding safety Procedure.
- Mandatorily adhere to documentation requirements such as Radiation Incident Report, Repeat/Retake, Employee Declaration of Pregnancy, Patient consent during pregnancy.
QUALIFICATION, LICENSURE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILLS
- College Degree in Radiography or its equivalent.
- Valid DOH License / Eligibility to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Minimum three years experience in the Radiology department.
- The ability to apply technical skills, together with a demonstrable knowledge of and interest in sciences, such as anatomy, physiology and physics;
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent command of oral and written English. Arabic language advantageous/desirable but not essential.
- Proficient technology application skills; Basic MS Office (Word, Excel, & Power point) MS Outlook & Internet explorer skills.
- A supportive and caring disposition, adaptability and good time management skills, Team working ability, Confidence in dealing with stressful situations.
- Job Identification 2362
- Job Category Allied Health
- Apply Before 08/31/2023, 08:43 AM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations Abu Dhabi, AE