Manager, Bio Medical & IT Procurement Job vacancy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
The Biomedical and IT Category Manager leads the planning, forecasting, analysis, development, and implementation of strategic supply chain initiatives in partnership with the subject matter experts (SMEs) across NMC to achieve optimal financial stewardship of NMC resources. This position is also responsible for product and service analysis for Bio Medical-surgical supplies, medical equipment, and IT supplies in conjunction with the strategic sourcing or material management process.
- Work cross functionally with business partners, physicians and clinical SME’s to guarantee the optimal supply chain processes.
- Drives forecasting, demand and inventory planning in coordination with operating units
- Devise and employ fruitful sourcing strategies abiding by NMC procurement policy and DOA.
- Execute and manage the Bio Medical & IT tendering, RFP/Q and evaluation process
- Manage contracts from negotiation to execution to ensure that contract terms and conditions are maintained throughout the life of the contract
- Coordinate with vendors and service providers to achieve the optimal utilization of NMC financial resources.
- Examine and reevaluate existing contracts
- Meet with departments throughout NMC on contract negotiations and cost savings opportunities
- Identify and examine new technologies in the market and takes the lead in evaluating these with the clinical SME’s.
- Control spend and build a culture of long term saving on procurement cost.
- Manage and foresee unfavorable supply related events through analysis of data and developing mitigation plans.
- Receive Purchase requisition, verifies prices and delivery dates, issue purchase orders and monitor timely delivery.
- Ensures that all purchase requisitions, purchase orders and contracts are authorized appropriately based on the NMC’s Delegation of Authority (DOA).
- Liaise with various government regulatory bodies for the highly regulated nature of clinical supplies.
- Manage business relationships and resolves all matters between the organization and vendors / suppliers (solving supplier’s disputes, claims, invoices and any other type of discrepancies).
- Co-ordinate with the technical specialist or manufacturers for training and evaluation purpose for SME
- Manage business relationships and resolves all matters between the organization and vendors / suppliers
- Co-ordinate with NMC’S clinical engineering / IT department and vendors for installation and commissioning of Medical & IT equipment.
- Act as an escalation point on vendor disputes and performance management issues between the group IT and NMC unit IT teams
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business Administration or related fields. Master’s degree will be an advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think critically and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Arabic would be advantages.
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
- 5-10 years of experience working in a similar role, Healthcare experience in UAE will be an advantage
- Job Identification 2422
- Job Category Corporate
- Apply Before 11/03/2023, 08:38 AM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations Alain Tower, Abu Dhabi, AE