CSSD Technician Job Vacancy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Plans, organizes, coordinates the activities of decontamination, cleaning, assembling and packaging sterile processing and the storage and distribution of supplies utilized in patient care areas both in-patient and out-patient.
- Perform all managerial function of CSSD.
- Establish and ensure the implementation of CSSD policies and procedures.
- Ensure instruments and equipment are cleaned and decontaminated according to established guidelines policies and procedures.
- Direct and supervise activities relating to the operation of washer/disinfectors and other related equipment.
- Ensure instruments sets are standardized, sterilized and in good working condition according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Prepare duty rotas, assign tasks and duties of CSSD staff.
- Develop and coordinate with the Education Department in the orientation of new staff according to orientation program and hospital policies and procedures.
- Assess CSSD supply needs and establish a standard CSSD inventory.
- Monitor documents and report effectiveness of sterilizers.
- Notify appropriate departments of malfunction of equipment or lack of supplies.
- Develop, coordinate and participate in routine educational programs and staff meeting to facilitate professional growth and quality patient care.
- Monitor compliance with policy and procedure.
- Coordinate with the PI Nurse for any PI activities.
- Perform any other assigned responsibilities on a need basis as identified by the Nursing Administrator.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements.
- Work according to the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities.
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Notify OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assist with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports.
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies.
- Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems.
4.1 Certification of training from an approved institute of CSSD technicians or Diploma in Nursing. 4.2 Required experience 2 years in relevant area in absence of formal course. 4.3 Must be fluent in spoken and written English, Arabic speaking desirable but not essential. 4.4 Demonstrates good organizational and communication skills.
- Job Identification 22
- Job Category Allied Health
- Apply Before 08/08/2023, 12:06 PM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations NMC Royal Hospital, Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi, AE