Consultant Orthopedic Surgery Job Vacancy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Provides patients with orthopedic care, including diagnosis, pre-operative care, all major and minor operative procedures in the field of orthopedics and post-operative treatment including complicated cases which are with in his / her competence. Provides preventive care of patients according to approved procedures as part of an integrated program of curative and preventive services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide comprehensive and diligent orthopedic care to all assigned patients, including pre- and post-operative care and such orthopedic procedures as are within incumbent’s competence.
- Perform professional duties at OPD at which out-patient orthopedic care is to be rendered to patients.
- Provide consultation services to physicians and other surgeons and specialists, on in-or out-patient cases if and when required.
- Assume after hours responsibility for the care of admitted orthopedic cases and make daily rounds for those hospitalized.
- Adhere to the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of the medical department and assure that work performed is in keeping with the established standards of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of hospitals.
- Consult with anesthetist on the choice of anesthesia to be used.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all assigned cases.
- Keep informed as to current developments in the field of orthopedic.
- Determine which surgical and related services procedures are proper to undertake and when new techniques will be utilized. Determine requirements and initiate action to assure availability of special equipment and supplies.
- Utilize and monitor to assure the use supporting services (Nursing, Operations Support, Pathology, Radiology) in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements
- Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Notify OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies
- Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems
QUALIFICATION, LICENSURE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILLS:
- 4.1 Graduation from an approved medical school plus internship.
- 4.2 Three years residency in orthopedic culminating in procuring a Post-Graduate Master’s degree and/or equivalent Fellowships approved by DOH.
- 4.3 Five or more year’s exclusive practice of Orthopedic since certification
- 4.4 Must have DOH License to practice
- 4.5 Comprehensive knowledge of medical services policies and procedures, U.A.E. law and regulations, company policies and procedures
- 4.6 English is required to prepare documentation and it is used as the common language to communicate with different nationalities. Basic knowledge of medical Arabic desirable
- 4.7 Must have a thorough knowledge of medical ethics
- Job Identification 2169
- Job Category Physicians
- Apply Before 11/30/2023, 07:19 AM
- Job Schedule Full time
- Locations Abu Dhabi, AE