Theatre Practitioner / Scrub Nurse Job Vacancies | Kensington, London, England
Theatre Practitioner – Scrub Nurse
(Gynae, Urology, General)
Cromwell Hospital, Kensington SW5 0TU (5 mins walk from Earls Court underground or 7 mins walk from Gloucester Road underground.)
Permanent, Full Time, 37.50 hours per week
Salary from £34703 to £41643 per annum plus fantastic benefits, and paid overtime
Join us and receive Golden Hello of £3000, Or £5000 towards Domestic Relocation Costs (if applicable).
We’re open to conversations around flexible working with a minimum requirement of 30 hours per week.
Job Ref: R1111941
Your role as a Scrub Nurse is ensure that we provide the best quality service in a pleasant environment for both staff and patients whilst ensuring that a high quality, cost effective service is delivered to patients and consultant users. You’ll work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, being flexible and supporting with shared tasks.
Our main adult theatre is a busy and dynamic environment, setting the benchmark for clinical excellence. We have 5 operating suites catering for Cardiac, Orthopaedics, ENT and Ophthalmic, Plastics, General/Vascular, Urology and Gynaecology. We work with surgeons who are the best in their specialities carrying out simple to the more complex surgeries.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the positioning and preparation of a patient as directed by the surgical team and ensure that any specimens are correctly labelled and dispatched to the laboratory.
- Help to control cross infection by observing departmental policy regarding dress, the maintenance of a clean working environment, decontamination and sterilisation procedures and asepsis.
- Participate in induction and orientation programmes for new staff to ensure a welcoming environment.
- Prepare patients for clinical/ operative procedures, both in anaesthetics and surgery.
- Provide assistance in clinical/ operative procedures, both anaesthetics and surgery.
- Take charge of the clinical area in the absence of an advanced practitioner ensuring patient, visitors and staff safety.
- Assess, plan, deliver and evaluate peri-operative patient care.
- Participate in the delegation and supervision of junior grades, unqualified and less experienced staff.
Get in touch or apply today – we can also arrange a site visit – please contact email@example.com
What you’ll bring:
- 1st level registration Adult and/or Children or Diploma or Degree in Health Care Studies / ODP Level 3 NVQ / ODA 752.
- Previous perioperative experience in Gynaecology, Urology, General, Plastics or Kidney Transplant.
- NMC or HCPC registered.
- Ability to deliver high standards of care.
- Knowledge of current professional nursing issues.
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Scrub Nurse, you’ll be eligible for:
- Payment of professional registration fees
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Enhanced pension and life insurance
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Discounted access to online gym sessions
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- Option to join dental insurance scheme at a discounted rate
- Access to our Digital GP platform on you mobile
- Emotional wellbeing support
- Access to family mental health line
- Financial wellbeing channels
- Support for carers
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe, is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance. We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
As a Clinician at Bupa, our patients will be your top priority. With no shareholders, we reinvest our profits back into our business to give you the extra time and technology you need to make a difference to our patients each and every day.
We have belief in you to do what’s right for our patients and in return we’ll support you to develop your career so you can not only grow at Bupa but thrive.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
For further information about this Scrub Nurse role, please contact Serina Kapoor, Senior Specialist Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit bupa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.