Staff Nurse – CathLab Job Vacancies | Dubai, United Arab Emirates
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates problem solving/critical thinking skills ensuring effective functioning of unit routine.
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary team to provide patient care.
- Participates in staff meetings and unit committees/projects.
- Participates in developing and achieving unit goals.
- Participates in the orientation of new staff.
- Competent to anticipate problems, emergencies and take appropriate actions.
- Competent to delegate specific duties/nursing care to other team members based on patient needs and staff qualifications.
- Maintains clinical and professional competency based on the latest research and established standards of practice.
- Manages and is charge of the unit in the absence of a Head Nurse.
- Supervises Inventory/ lost charge counts.
- Being knowledgeable of policies and procedure on the unit.
- Demonstrates respect for authority, discusses problems appropriately and follows chain of command.
- Promotes professional and clinical growth of self and staff.
- Accepts supervision and benefits from constructive criticism.
- Participates in hospital-wide and nursing committees as required.
- Promotes physician satisfaction with nursing services provided.
- Maintains a safe, hygienic JCI standard unit environment.
- To be charge nurse/ team leader during the shift as assigned.
- Support the hospital philosophy, mission, goals and objectives.
- Participates in coordinating and managing nursing care on a daily basis.
- Delegates direct patient care responsibilities directions to staff nurses and HCAs based on patient acuity and nurse competency.
- Ensures daily unit responsibilities (checking crash cart, refrigeration temperature check-list, etc.) are assigned.
- Assigns float nurses according to their capabilities and experience.
- Oversees the orientation of new staff members.
- Recognizes and anticipates problems / needs of unit, staff and patients and provides intervention as appropriate.
- Provides direction to the staff and assists them in the execution of their responsibilities.
- Participates in patient care conferences and unit projects with the group.
- Responds to patient / family concerns and consults other involved services as appropriate.
- Ensures contact with the physicians for the purpose of reporting important information or clarifying orders.
- Ensures the next shift receives a complete and pertinent report that facilitates continuity of care.
- Evaluates the quality of nursing care being given by the staff and provides guidance when needed.
- Supervise staff’s documentation and provides guidance when needed.
- Ensures supplies from CSSD and pharmacy are ordered to keep unit stocked at prescribed levels and ensure that there are no expiry date items in the unit.
- Acts as a role model for other staff member and ensures staff maintains professional behavior while on duty.
- Functions as a preceptor and role model for nee and other identified staff.
- Evaluates the progress of new employees and provides feedback to the Head Nurse.
- Evaluates patient care supplies / equipment and provides feedback to the Head Nurse.
- Demonstrates skills in continual assessment of patient, family’s physical and psychological needs and ability to document under the JCIA standards.
- Demonstrates skill in co-ordination and planning of care, and prioritizing care, based on individual needs. Revises care plan as necessary with the scope of JCIA standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and the ability to render care and services based on specific unit specialities, age appropriateness and the developmental needs of the patient.
- Performs nursing interventions/procedures in accordance with established standards of care and policy and procedures.
- Assists medical colleagues with diagnostic therapeutic interventions.
- Maintains accurate and thorough documentation following established JCIA standards.
- Follow up clinical and PI indicators and report to Head Nurse.
- Shares knowledge and skills with colleagues and others.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients and staff.
- Maintains commitment to professional development through completion of the unit competencies i.e. pain management, handling of chemotherapeutic agents.
- Understands the responsibilities of safe handling, and administration of Narcotic/Controlled Drugs and documentation as directed by policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and clinical expertise of Infection Control issues, reports and documents as directed in the Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Provides comprehensive direct patient care.
- Directs and supervises the nursing care on assigned shift using the Nursing Process and Hospital Policies & Procedures.
- Ensures that medications are returned to pharmacy daily.
- Responsible for narcotic hand over to next shift and replacing the needed items.
- Communicate with narcotic supervisor pharmacist, reporting any incident or loss to Head Nurse.
- Responsible for documentation in the narcotic book.
- Work is performed on any shift, as required.
- Provides total, direct nursing care to patients requiring advanced, skilled or complex care.
- 3-4 year General Nursing Diploma / Degree
- Minimum 4 years nursing care, with at least two years’ experience in speciality (example: Oncology Haematology, Heart Center, Dialysis unit, etc…). .
- Previous experience in a Private Healthcare institute is an asset.
- Current license to practice nursing.
- BCLS certification.
- Post graduate diploma, where applicable.
To apply for this job please visit fa-epvs-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.