Website Alghanim Industries
we are committed to consistently delivering extraordinary value to our customers and stakeholders through the building of passionate, empowered and high-performance teams.
Sr. Accounts & Control Associate- Fixed Asset job vacancy at Alghanim Industries in Kuwait (Arab National Only)
The Sr. Associate Accountant & Control (fixed asset )position is responsible for recording the cost of new / existing acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation. Following are the job responsibilities:
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation of fixed assets.
- Recommend to business for any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Assign asset tag numbers to fixed assets and provide to stores
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the SAP accounting system.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the general ledger.
- Run the monthly depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Prepare a detailed schedule of fixed assets, capital work-in progress and schedule and update the project status to business on a monthly basis
- Review the potential obsolescence of fixed assets and highlight the reasons to business
- Plan and conduct periodic physical counts of fixed assets for all the stores across the GCC market
- Recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of wherever applicable
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred. Must be a detail oriented candidate
- A qualified CMA / CPA would be preferred.
- 3+ years of fixed asset accounting experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic
- Preferred experience in SAP accounting, MS office tools etc.
- Effective communication skill and problem-solving skills
- Ready to travel across GCC
To apply for this job please visit career2.successfactors.eu.