NMC Royal Hospital
Specialist Critical Care Medicine Job Vacancy | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Ensures, Performs, Responsible for hospitalized patients whose condition requires medical care at the specialty level.
- Day-to-day care for all Critical Care patients.
- To evaluate, resuscitate and manage critically ill patients including those with vital organ and system failures
- To use organ support and replacements systems
- Should have expertise in cardiopulmonary resuscitation, airway management, invasive monitoring, renal therapy and mechanical ventilation
- To anticipate, assess and define problems in the critically ill, diagnose and implement a management plan – within the acceptable time frame
- To communicate effectively and establish and foster relationships with internal and external clients
- Be compassionate, self-motivated and the ability to work under pressure for long hours.
- Need to manage the process of end of life care.
- After working hours, when on-call, should be available for consultations as requested by doctors in other departments, in the intensive care areas, ER, and other critical care services.
- On duty you should give consultations as requested by doctors in other departments, in the intensive care areas, ER, and other critical care services.
- Will serve as a major contributor to in-service training activities of the new and existing employees.
- Under the general professional supervision of the Head of the Department.
- Performs professional duties of an intensivist in adherence to the approved Privileges maintained by the Critical Care department for individual intensivist. Privileges may differ between individual intensivist, depending on the efficiency, experience, expertise and skills of the particular individual.
- Participates in the reading of EKG’s (Electro cardio Gram) for critical care patients.
- Participates in mortality/morbidity review; Quality Assurance and peer reviews.
- Participates in the weekly/ monthly Departmental meeting/ training and participates actively in various committee meetings as designated such as the ER, Infection Control, ICU, CCU, QPS and CPR.
- Reviews journals, texts or periodicals in order to update latest techniques, procedures, drugs and therapy.
- Provides on-call emergency coverage for ICU and Emergency patients.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements
- Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies
- Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems
- Graduation from approved school of medicine, plus one year of internship
- Three years of residency in Critical Care Medicine with special training in ICU and Emergency services preferred. Culminating in procuring a Post-Graduate Master’s degree and/or equivalent Fellowships approved by DHA. At least five years’ practice in the field of Critical Care / ICU Medicine.
- Current licensure in country of origin and with DHA license to practice in Dubai, UAE
- Must have an exceptional interpersonal skills, maturity, and good judgment and be capable of communicating in a professional manner with diverse range of individuals; superior phone etiquette skills and Patient focused; service oriented; patient and understanding.
- Efficient organizational skills; ability to handle multiple responsibilities under pressure while maintaining composure. Also, a person that is Reliable, punctual, dependable, and responsive.
- Excellent command of oral and written English. Arabic language desirable but not essential
- Proficient technology application skills; Basic MS Office (Word, Excel, and Power point) MS Outlook and Internet skills.
To apply for this job please visit eiby.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.