Simulator Engineer – Level 1 Job Vacancy | Doha, Qatar
About the role
We are recruiting for Simulator Engineer- Level 1, to be based in Doha, Qatar.
The Simulator Engineer- Level 1 will be responsible for carrying out maintenance work on simulator equipment, load / unload simulator, carry out meet and greet tasks, run daily morning readiness checks. The role holder will be required to directly guide and support the work performed by the Simulator Engineer level 02, by providing appropriate specialized technical knowledge as well as directly supporting training operations, maintenance checks and duties within his authority as a Simulator Engineer by providing specialized knowledge skills and expertise as required.
Specific responsibilities for the role include:
- Ensure all simulator components maintenance work is accomplished in accordance with laid down policies and procedures.
- Carry out and supervise all preventive and corrective maintenance actions, to achieve required availability and reliability on one or more flight training derives.
- Analyze technical data, for example, QTG (Qualification Test Guide) to meet regulatory compliance.
- Brief and debrief customers in a professional manner on a regular basis.
- May need to interface with subject matter experts at to help resolve open issues on Training devices.
- Implement solutions to Technical problems within his range of authority so that Simulator component serviceability standards are maintained to meet schedule requirements.
- Provide guidance and/or on the job training to his peer and junior staff.
- Provide satisfactory support to internal and external customers.
- Assist in preparations of cost estimates where appropriate.
- Monitor and ensure that Health, safety and Environmental requirements of QR and the staff are maintained at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining proper configuration control of all training devices.
- Maintains an excellent relationship with any and all regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for debugging and troubleshooting complex problems spanning a wide range of technologies, including but not limited to: Interface, electrical, hydraulic systems, visual systems, avionics systems etc.
- Responsible for completion of assigned tasks for Simulator components maintenance works.
- Responsible for effective operation of equipment and safe handling of tools.
- Be part of a dynamic team of technical staff that will be accountable to meet a pre-defined set of technical measurement criteria for simulator performance, example down, time lost time and customer reliability.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with Minimum 5 years of job-related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 4 years of job-related experience.
- Experience in full flight simulators maintenance and aircraft parts debugging.
- Experience with Rockwell Collins visual, knows how to maintain hardware and software aspect of system.
- Solid experience with L3 simulators.
- Aircraft parts maintenance experience.
- Good experience in aircraft and spares management.
- Strong knowledge in simulators maintenance and in particular L3 and CAE technology.
- Strong knowledge of Rockwell Collins Visual maintenance.
- Solid knowledge of RTD/SEP equipment and their maintenance.
- Knowledge to run and tune QTGs for Simulators.
- Strong configuration management knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of local and international regulations (EASA and FAA) as they pertain to Flight Simulator Training Devices.
- Must possess superior troubleshooting skills as well as how to use advance software diagnostic utilities.
- Ability to debug Simulator hardware components.
- Able to interpret schematics and other technical document pertaining to FSTD/RTD/SEP equipment.
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
How to apply
If you have what it takes to be part of our 5-star team, please take the first step and apply now by uploading your CV and completing the online application.
Closing Date: 10-11-2022
To apply for this job please visit careers.qatarairways.com.