Senior Technical DevOps Engineer Job Vacancy in United Arab Emirates
Senior Technical DevOps Engineer – 220000PC
As a key technologist in the DevOps and Automation team, help drive DevOps and Automation practices at product and program level. Engineers enterprise level technology solutions for CI/CD and Cloud automation through infrastructure as code, containerisation and config management. Ensure robust Cloud engineering and DevOps practices for solution planning, technology development, deployment, release, hyper-care and operations of technology solution. Apply Site reliability principles to ensure availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning and act as a bridge between development and operations by applying a engineering mindset to system administration.
– Lead the discovery phase of Cloud adoption/ migration by partnering with the Architects and Security to strategize well defined DevOps and Cloud engineering architectures.
– Lead the automation of change management, building resiliency, monitoring, capacity planning and emergency response for set of products that you are responsible for.
– Act as a lead for service reliability, scalability and performance for a set of products as part of system enablement team for Agile release trains. Primary lead who identifies and improves the lifecycle of products/services by addressing flow of value through the continuous deployment pipelines.
– Review deployment and operational environments, i.e., execute initiatives to reduce failure, troubleshoot issues across the entire infrastructure stack, expand monitoring capabilities, and manage technical operations.
– Collaborate with Release Engineering, Product Development and Security teams to develop change management strategies – e.g. canary-style deployments, pushing out new releases without interrupting services, and rolling back features that demonstrate problems.
– Enable automation of everything possible and ensure continuous deployment pipeline is always in good health and is responsible for the technical design and high-quality coding for technology products with built in quality and production deployment ready.
– Build, maintain and operate technical environments for software development, continuous integration and continuous deployment based on cloud application design principles such as 12 factor apps.
– Embrace DevSecOps principles to advise and architect security solutions with engineering and product teams, ensuring all technologies and projects are robust and adhere to security standards.
– Be an advisor to enable the teams to drive corrective, adaptive, preventative and perfective maintenance of solutions automating environment management, service management, infrastructure management and cyber security aspects of the systems
– Apply Site reliability principles to ensure availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning and act as a bridge between development and operations by applying a engineering mind-set to system administration.
Qualifications & Experience
– 6+ Years of hands-on experience on DevOps implementation and/or Cloud Computing/Migration (AWS, Azure, VMware, GCP) and Systems Administration.
– At least 4+ years of experience in enterprise level IT projects Cloud based technologies (PaaS, IaaS, Cloud Infrastructure Services).
– Extensive Experience in architecture and support best practices in Hybrid cloud environment or Amazon AWS/Azure Cloud.
– Exceptional knowledge in systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (AppDynamics, Logstash, Splunk, etc.)
– Hands on knowledge of build automation and continuous integration/delivery ecosystem: Git, Groovy, Maven/Gradle, Docker, Nexus, Artifactory, Selenium, Jenkins, Docker, Openshift.
– Experience with infrastructure configuration and automations processes and tools: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible.
– Experience in deploying and trouble shooting highly available, secure and reliable services with automatic failover using containers and container-orchestration tools like Kubernetes/Openshift.
– Experience with issues facing large scale server environments.
– Experience with Linux management tools such as automated provisioning (ansible, puppet, razor), containers (docker), virtualization (VMware, KVM).
– Experience in Scripting (shell, python, Go)
– Skills for monitoring and automation.
– Experience working with automation and CI/CD implementation for microservices architecture.
– Hands-on experience on designing and building solutions that allow multi cloud environments.
Must have broad understanding and exceptional expertise in one or more of these areas, based on business need
Clouds, Infrastructure Managers and Container Engines
Kubernetes, Docker, Openshift, AWS, VMWare, OpenStack, OpenShift, Helm, Azure, GCP
Jenkins, GIT, Jmeter, Gatling, Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Jira-Agile, Confluence, VRA-CodeStream, Azure Devops, AWS Devops, maven, gradle
Go (Golang), Shell (Bash), Python, Ruby, JSON, YAML
Linux (RedHat, CentOS) and Windows.
Monitoring and logging
Grafana, ELK, AppDynamics, Splunk, Zabbix, Prometheus, Fluentd
Provisioning/Config Management and Automation tools
Terraform, AWS Cloudformation, Azure ARM, Packer, Ansible, Puppet
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section
To apply for this job please visit tas-ekgcareers.taleo.net.