Inspiring lifelong learning, transforming society through applied social sciences.
Senior Systems Engineer II (System Server Management) job vacancy in Singapore
At SUSS, we advocate the Spirit of Learning by creating enriching learning experiences. To us, learning is a lifelong pursuit of knowledge that benefits not only the individual, but those around them as well. Because, when combined with a Passion for Community, knowledge enables us to make a positive, lasting difference in people’s lives. As we contribute to an inclusive and resilient society, it is important that we conduct ourselves with Integrity, and treat people with equal Respect and Trust. Together, we drive Innovation for Excellence, using new ideas and technologies to service society’s changing needs. Teamwork ensures that we work with, and learn from one another, leveraging individual strengths to achieve our collective goals.
Senior Systems Engineer II (System Server Management)
Campus IT Services
- Administer University’s servers, email and AD accounts of Staff, Students, and Associates.
- The System Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the Student Information Management Systems (SIMS), email systems (Microsoft Exchange Online), and other bespoke applications. He will also need to coordinate the development, installation, maintenance and modification of new and existing systems. This position will also require him or her to assist staff and students on technical and functional issues.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall administration, management, and configuration of Office 365 including Exchange, MS Teams, One Drive, and Azure Active Directory
- Administer SUSS active directory accounts for staff, students, and associates.
- Administer SUSS email accounts for staff, students, and Associates.
- Message tracking and troubleshooting to resolve mail delivery issues.
- Ensure SPAM filter functionality and monitor SPAM emails sent from malicious users.
- Install and set up new servers and upgrade existing servers.
- Configure MS Windows Server AD, DNS, DHCP, ADFS trust relationship, and permissions.
- Perform daily administration and patching of all server systems.
- Monitor for performance, stability issues, inefficiencies in the environment and perform remediation.
- Assist in Exam Invigilation.
- Assist Project Management.
- To assist the Manager/Director in all other assigned duties.
- To assist in the general administrative function of the department.
- Participate in university-wide events.
- Degree in Computer Science/ Electrical/ Computer Engineering, IT or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of supporting Microsoft servers in an enterprise environment.
- Experience in management and troubleshooting of servers systems.
- Experience in Windows scripting language (VBS or PowerShell, or Perl) to automate manual tasks where necessary.
- Active Directory, GPO, and Registry knowledge.
- Experience in Office 365 Administration and Azure deployments.
- Experience with hybrid models (on-prem/cloud) is a plus
To apply for this job please visit career10.successfactors.com.