Website Qatar Gas
Qatargas is the largest LNG producer in the world.
Senior Production Engineer job vacancy in Qatar Gas | Qatar
Work Location: Doha, QA
Part A: Job Specification
- Develop Upstream Integrated Gas Volume and Activities plan (UGP/IAP), review gas production, water injection plans and surveillance ensuring uninterrupted feed-gas delivery from wells and reservoirs to LNG trains. Support production enhancement, development studies, plans and projects to meet company targets in the most cost-effective manner.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
- Examines and applies business judgement of asset and well production performance and diagnose problems from a complex set of reservoirs and wells through continuous communication and alignment with Operations and Commercial Planning department.
- Occasionally required to travel Offshore and Ras Laffan for meetings, implement and roll out production guidelines, UGP Gas Volume & Activity plans to stay updated with stimulation operations.
- Act as a technical focal point for well and asset production/injection performance, UGP planning process, Production development activities for the department.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Coordinate Integrated Activity and Gas Volume Plans as per UGP process cycles and sequences and align with stakeholders all well test and injection programs in coordination with operations Department. Monitor rig based well testing, measurement and sampling.
- Support Reservoir Engineers to develop production guidelines to optimize gas and condensate from Qatargas wells and review non-routine or unplanned events requiring the management of special parameters (H2S/Water/Condensate/Casing Pressure).
- Develop contingency plans to address unforeseen production shortages and downtime and ensure production availability from offshore in advance to satisfy the LNG requirements and mitigate the short falls in short term basis.
- Review the analysis of all production data and parameters at offshore and onshore facilities, and ensure the use of standards, in-house application tools as well as real time information management tools (POIS).
- Develop Well Performance and System Network Performance models update and optimize performance as per the operating boundaries set by Qatargas standards and confirm accuracy of the measurement and metering electronics and transmitters.
Part B: Person Specification – Minimum Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 6 years’ experience in Production Operations, Production Planning, Optimization in the Oil and/or Gas industry, including at least 2 years’ experience in production technology, Petroleum engineering applications and tools for production optimization, stimulation, PLT and forecasting.
- Knowledge and understanding of well modelling, well optimization techniques, reservoir depletion methods, well performance evaluation methodologies, production planning and allocation.
- Familiar with drilling, reservoir management, fluid sampling and analysis, well work and production operations/facilities.
- Familiar with Production facilities and development, testing and metering equipment, flow assurance, pipeline management, project planning and execution.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.