Kayrros is the leading advanced energy and environmental geo-analytics company
Senior Geospatial Developer H/F (CDI) job vacancy in France.
Passionate about tech? Interested in energy and climate action? Join Kayrros, a fast-growing startup using artificial intelligence to transform the world’s biggest industries.
Kayrros is a leading data analytics company that monitors and measures energy, natural resources, and industrial activity using proprietary algorithms. We combine satellite imagery, data science and advanced mathematics to create unique insights and customer-specific solutions for better decision-making.
Our team of experts and tech wizards are working to bring transparency to energy and the environment, from crude oil tank volumes to methane emissions. In just five years, the Kayrros team has grown to include 140 experts in data science, mathematics, and energy, representing over 20 nationalities and 10 spoken languages. The team works from 6 offices around the world in New York, Houston, London, Paris, Singapore, and Bangalore. We give our clients valuable information on global market movements to make better business decisions—whether that’s trading, investing, or managing their operations.
In 2021 alone, Kayrros was recognized as a member of French Tech’s Green 20, signed a landmark contract with the European Space Agency and was acknowledged in the latest UNEP Global Methane Assessment report.
Kayrros is building a team of talented people to positively disrupt the world’s biggest industries and reshape the future of energy and the environment.
Join us to make a difference!
We are currently recruiting for our Paris office,
a Senior Geospatial Developer M/F (CDI)
The Remote Sensing Team is in charge of developing Kayrros core tech components for remote sensing data analysis. Its main missions are:
- R&D, implementation and internal support for image processing algorithms and workflows used in Kayrros products, solutions and platform
- Design, implementation and operation of the large-scale imagery ingestion service used across the company
- Handling technical interactions with major public and commercial satellite imagery providers
What you will do
As a Senior Geospatial Developer, you are in charge of:
- Designing and developing geospatial solutions to support Kayrros core products:
- Catalog of Remote Sensing imagery on PostGIS
- Ingestion from public and commercial imagery providers
- On demand processing (atmospheric corrections, registration, clouds detection, SAR interferometry, …) on Kubernetes
- Visualization of raster imagery (tiles server)
- Bringing your technical expertise and support to the Platform Engineering and Front teams, to advise regarding design, architecture and tech decisions
You have a transverse role in the development of Kayrros technologies, from domain specific algorithm design to production deployment.
You work with the full range of remote sensing data sources used at Kayrros (optical, SAR, hyper-spectral), in order to expand your remote sensing expertise and be able to support and advise all Product and Engineering teams.
- At least 5-8 years experience in Geospatial
- Competencies in software architecture and cloud systems architecture
- Familiar with the geospatial open source ecosystem: GDAL, rasterio, proj, qgis, …
- Familiar with some components of our technical stack: git, Docker, K8s, S3, AWS
- Experience with C/C++ is a plus
- Can communicate clearly in English, including with non-technical people
Why joining Kayrros?
- We are a young, fast-growing tech company and are extremely passionate about what we do
- We are located in the WeWork building on Rue la Fayette, 75009 (free drinks, events and a vibrant atmosphere)
- You will work with an international team and practice your English (or Chinese, German, Swedish, Portuguese…) on a day to day basis.
- HR screening phone interview (10mn)
- Technical Test – (half a day)
- Team members and manager interviews (half a day – on site)
- HR final interview (20mn)
To apply for this job please visit kayrros1.recruitee.com.