We have been innovating for more than 100 years – and now we’re creating what’s next.
JOB ID: req342289
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for a Security Application Engineer to join our Honeywell Building Technologies Team in Cairo, Egypt.
The Security Application Engineer will work closely with project and sales teams to ensure that the design of the technical documents, drawings and proposals are developed correctly and as per the client’s expectation.
Security Application Engineer Responsibilities
- Provide direction and assistance for the proposed security application solution and system development.
- Provide technical consultation and validation to the client for all proposed technical systems.
- Driving and developing POCs & Demos and create case studies based on projects requirements.
- Handling Customer training.
- Managing and developing the security GUI graphical user interface for all security projects.
- Managing to develop standardize documents and sheets for applications and interfaces.
- Developing and managing all security projects technical documents ex. ICD, Use cases, Application TD, FDC, Cause and effect, O&M manual, etc.
- Initiating project testing and commissioning plan.
- Working on Testing and commissioning phase for the projects.
- Ensuring the proper communication between the engineering team and site execution team.
- Validation of the project security design.
- Representing the security team in all technical coordination meeting.
- Driving the integration with 3rd party systems including hardware and software interfaces.
- Install and Commission the Security solution, systems and devices.
- Resolve all engineering problems on site and eliminate unplanned downtime.
- Reporting and documenting the work activities in a weekly basis.
- Responsible for all 3rdparty technical coordination.
- Engagement with the sales and presales team to ensure the proper security solution selection.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Communication Engineering.
- 5 -7 years of experience in project execution and commissioning background with an understanding of various security systems including ACS, VMS, FAS, IVA, PSIM, etc.
- Expert in the standard open protocols such as OPC, MODBus, BACnet, etc.
- Knowledge of Honeywell Security systems and application including EBI, DVM, CCS, Video analytics is preferred.
- Site based job.
- ICT Skills.
- Knowledge of language scripting.
- Strong skills in Office 360.
- Excellent English Language.
Honeywell offers employees the opportunity to work on the world’s most exciting projects, transforming the cities we live in, the buildings where we work, and the vehicles that move us.
- Group medical insurance plan life.
- Paid annual leave and time off work.
- A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity and innovation.
- Market specific training and on-going personal development.
If this is your dream role, then we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.honeywell.com.