Website NMC Healthcare
NMC Healthcare is the largest healthcare provider in the UAE
Registered Nurse- OT job vacancy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Administers planned, quality nursing care in the OT in a safe and therapeutic environment for patients and personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Dons & adheres to operating room attire according to policy and procedure.
- Prepares room and assembles instruments & equipment based on patient’s surgical needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of aseptic technique.
- Correctly identifies patient and surgical site.
- Checks thoroughly the pre-operative checklist of patient; including completion of required diagnostic & laboratory procedures
- Monitors patients’ vital signs in the pre-operative area and post-operative recovery room
- Positions patient with the use of positional aids, maintaining circulatory, respiratory, neuromuscular homeostasis while maintaining privacy and providing maximum exposure to the operative procedure
- Demonstrates skill in performing the duties of scrub nurse and circulating nurse
- Provides safety to patient, to self & the whole surgical team by adopting safety protocols like ‘Time Out’
- Implements correct practices for the prevention of infection, practicing strict aseptic technique & maintenance of sterile field.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient’s records and updates all relevant patient documentation / medical records as per hospital policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates competence in Cardio – Pulmonary Resuscitation technique
- Strictly adheres to the waste segregation and disposal as per hospital policy
- Responsible for checking of crash carts and emergency equipment’s as per hospital policy.
- Responsible for appropriate storage and maintaining inventory of medications including high alert medications and narcotics as per hospital policy
- Responsible for appropriate storage and maintaining inventory of Hazmat items including the MSDS as per hospital policy
- Follows the reporting mechanisms /chain of command in the Nursing Department. Issues are correctly and quickly reported. These include all patient care issues.
- Demonstrates an economical approach to the utilization of equipment’s and supplies while assisting the charge nurse to maintain an appropriate ward stock
- Takes responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Charge Nurse as assigned
- Demonstrates sound knowledge and participates in fire safety, patient safety, infection control and the other necessary precautions as per hospital policy.
- Takes responsibility for professional clinical practice and is actively involved in updating and continuing education.
- Participates as a member of the code black team as per hospital policy
- Demonstrates strict adherence to all hospital policies and procedures
- Performs any other assigned responsibilities as identified by the Charge Nurse / Supervisor / Nursing Administrator.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements
- Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies
- Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems
Qualifications:Qualification, Licensure, Education, Experience, Special Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing/Diploma in Nursing.
- Current license in country of origin and with HAAD license to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Minimum 2 years nursing experience after qualification.
- BLS ,ACLS provider
- Good English spoken & written, Arabic language advantageous/desirable but not essential.
To apply for this job please visit nmc.taleo.net.