Registered Nurse – OT Job Vacancy | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Administers planned quality nursing care in the Operating Theater in a safe and therapeutic environment for patients and personnel. Rotates shifts to meet patient care requirements.
Plans and administers quality nursing care in the Operating Theater in a safe and therapeutic environment for patients and personnel. Rotate shifts to meet patient care requirements.
- Dons & adheres to operating room attire according to policy and procedure.
- Responsible for assessment and reassessment of patients.
- Works with the OT technician prepares room and assembles instruments & equipment based on patient’s surgical needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of aseptic technique.
- Correctly identifies patient and surgical site for procedures as per hospital policies.
- Thoroughly checks the pre – operative checklist of patient; including completion of required diagnostic & laboratory procedures.
- Monitors and records patients’ vital signs in the pre-operative area and post-operative recovery room as per hospital policy.
- Administers pre- operative prophylactic antibiotics according to Doctors orders and hospital policy.
- Performs the Appropriateness review of medications before preparing and administering medications as required.
- Positions patient with the use of positional aids, maintaining circulatory, respiratory, neuromuscular homeostasis while maintaining privacy and providing maximum exposure to the operative procedure.
- Demonstrates skill in performing the duties of scrub nurse and circulating nurse.
- Provides safety to patient, to self & the entire surgical team by completing the General surgical safety checklist e.g. Sign in, Time Out, Sign out.
- Implements correct practices for the prevention of infection by practicing strict aseptic technique & maintaining the sterile field.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient’s records. Updates all relevant documentation / medical records as per hospital policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates competence in Cardio – Pulmonary Resuscitation technique.
- Adheres strictly to the waste segregation and disposal of waste as per hospital policy.
- Adheres strictly to disposal of human tissue policy.
- Identifies patient correctly in Post Anesthetic Care Unit.
- Attend to patients’ immediate needs and interventions; assess and manage pain as per hospital policy.
- Demonstrate competency in checking and maintain patients’ airway.
- Uses correct technique in suctioning patient as appropriately needed.
- Can recognize airway obstruction and used head tilt chin lift and apply mask appropriately.
- Verbalize basic knowledge for post anesthetic complications based on operation performed and anesthetic given
- Does test to determine level of regional blocks and position the patient in a way that does not compromise breathing and circulation.
- Patients’ normothermia is maintained at all times.
- Ensures that patients’ hemodynamic status is monitored as per policy.
- Understand the falls risk management and intervene as per policy for all patients at risk of falls.
- Collaborates with both surgeon and anesthetist to optimize safety of patients in her care.
- Follows the hospital policy on discharge of patients from Post Anesthetic Care Unit.
To apply for this job please visit eiby.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.