Calvary Central Districts
Registered Nurse – Oncology Job Vacancy – Australia
- Make a difference at one of Australia’s leading health care providers
- Generous salary packaging benefits, ongoing professional development and supportive team environment
- Permanent part-time and casual positions available
- Working with a dynamic team
About the role
Calvary Central Districts are currently seeking enthusiastic and dynamic Registered Nurses to work in our day cancer centre. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for nurses to join our team with a focus on development and training.
The time is now to join our expanding team, with the prospect of opening a brand new day cancer centre 2024!
Thus we are looking for dynamic, driven nurses, with a passion to work in Medical Oncology and Haematology, and offer:
- Full in-house training will be provided
- Flexible rostering and request system
- Full Antineoplastic Drug Administration Course training in house
- Central Venous Access Device Training
- Intravenous Cannulation Training
- On-going staff development opportunities with a team that offers a supportive and dynamic work environment
- Excellent salary packaging options available
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to access a large range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Supported post graduate opportunities in Medical Oncology
- Medical Oncology Certificate and Graduate Diploma allowance
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate cancer nursing care including medical oncology and haematology in collaboration with individuals and the multidisciplinary health care team, so as to achieve goals and positive health outcomes.
- Take an active role in the coordination of nursing and health care ensuring they practice independently and interdependently, assuming accountability and responsibility for their own actions, and where applicable, delegation of care.
What you bring
- A minimum of 1 year experience post Graduate Nursing Program
- Current APHRA certification.
- Post-grad qualifications in Oncology with relevant clinical knowledge and expertise highly desirable, but not essential.
- Ability and drive to be adaptable and a ‘Team Player’.
- Ability to work in a busy day centre environment
- Drive to learn and expand knowledge base, as well as guide and support other staff.
- A desire to join a team committed to the care of others in a mission based organisation, demonstrated communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
For further information please contact Tamika Calver on 0419 100 516 or email Tamika.email@example.com
We are a leading provider of quality, integrated care that puts our patients, residents and clients at the centre of everything we do. Calvary offers flexible careers in clinical, allied health, hospitality, ICT and health administration, mission, leadership, management and more. Founded in Australia in 1885, we’re one of the largest providers of health, aged and community care with over 18,000 staff and volunteers, 14 Public and Private Hospitals, 72 Residential Care and Retirement Communities and 19 Community Care Centres.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and are committed to fostering a workplace that is respectful, welcoming and inclusive where people are supported to draw strengths from their identity, culture and community. We value the integral dignity of each person and we encourage applications from First Nations peoples, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ people, people who have come to Australia as migrants or refugees and veterans.
Why work for Calvary?
Joining us is your opportunity to learn with purpose and drive positive impact to our community in a stimulating work environment. We offer paid parental leave, salary packaging, career progression, flexible working hours and training and skills development. Calvary is also proud to be recognised as a leader in gender equality.
If you are looking for a rewarding career in an organisation that supports the community, apply now!
Please note the following:
- Only applicants with a valid right to work in Australia will be considered.
- As part of the application process, you may be required to participate in a health evaluation, which could include face to face assessment and drug and alcohol testing, to ensure your suitability for the role.
- Calvary has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all workers. You will also be required to provide evidence of other immunisation as required for your role.
- Please note we are unable to accept emailed applications or resumes and phone calls from recruitment agencies.
To apply for this job please visit secure.dc2.pageuppeople.com.