Calvary Public Hospital
Registered Nurse Job Vacancy in Kogarah, NSW, Australia
- Make a difference at one of Australia’s leading health care providers
- Generous salary packaging benefits, ongoing professional development and supportive team environment
- Permanent Full-Time Position
About the role
The registered nurse provides evidence-based nursing care to people of all ages and cultural groups, including individuals, families and communities. The registered nurse assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care in collaboration with individuals and the multidisciplinary health care team so as to achieve goals and health outcomes. The registered nurse takes a leadership role in the coordination of nursing and health care within and across different care contexts to facilitate optimal health outcomes. This includes appropriate referral to, and consultation with, other relevant health professionals, service providers, and community and support services. The registered nurse practices independently and interdependently, assuming accountability and responsibility for their own actions and delegation of care to enrolled nurses and health care workers. Delegation takes into consideration the education and training of enrolled nurses and health care workers and the context of care.
What you bring
- Ability to work within the Mission and Values of Calvary Health Care Kogarah.
- Currently registered as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) with the Australian Health Professionals Regulation Agency
- Demonstrated ability to work within the interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- Demonstrated computer literacy and experience in using an electronic patient record system
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated evidence of integration of theoretical knowledge and clinical skills, critical thinking and analysis in their daily practice as a registered nurse
- Demonstrated effective time management skills and ability to prioritise competing workloads with in a complex environment
For further information please contact Ekram Chowdhury on 9553 3486 or email Ekram.Chowdhury@health.nsw.gov.au
We are a leading provider of quality, integrated care that puts our patients, residents and clients at the centre of everything we do. Calvary offers flexible careers in clinical, allied health, hospitality, ICT and health administration, mission, leadership, management and more. Founded in Australia in 1885, we’re one of the largest providers of health, aged and community care with over 18,000 staff and volunteers, 14 Public and Private Hospitals, 72 Residential Care and Retirement Communities and 19 Community Care Centres.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and are committed to fostering a workplace that is respectful, welcoming and inclusive where people are supported to draw strengths from their identity, culture and community. We value the integral dignity of each person and we encourage applications from First Nations peoples, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ people, people who have come to Australia as migrants or refugees and veterans.
Why work for Calvary?
Joining us is your opportunity to learn with purpose and drive positive impact to our community in a stimulating work environment. We offer paid parental leave, salary packaging, career progression, flexible working hours and training and skills development. Calvary is also proud to be recognised as a leader in gender equality. Further details are available here: https://www.calvarycare.org.au/careers/benefits/
If you are looking for a rewarding career in an organisation that supports the community, apply now!
Please note the following:
- Only applicants with a valid right to work in Australia will be considered.
- As part of the application process, you may be required to participate in a health evaluation, which could include face to face assessment and drug and alcohol testing, to ensure your suitability for the role.
- Calvary has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all workers. You will also be required to provide evidence of other immunisation as required for your role.
- Please note we are unable to accept emailed applications or resumes and phone calls from recruitment agencies.
To apply for this job please visit secure.dc2.pageuppeople.com.