Website NMC Healthcare
NMC Healthcare is the largest healthcare provider in the UAE
Registered Nurse – Emergency Room job vacancy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – (2200013J)
- Registered to work without supervision and is responsible and accountable for their own actions.
- Manages patients care in allocated area ensuring good standard of care provided.
- Responsible for supervision of lower category staff
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Check, prepare and assemble all machineries, equipment’s, and instruments required prior to procedure, based on patients procedural needs.
- Intervenes appropriately in clinical emergency situations
- Demonstrates competency in cardio pulmonary resuscitation and participates as a member of Code Blue hospital wide.
- Demonstrates priority setting or triage skills and timeliness in responding to patient’s needs
- Demonstrates competency in providing emergency nursing care and procedures for patients of all ages
- Demonstrates vigilance in identifying patients with communicable diseases and following the appropriate isolation technique for such patients
- Ensures that all the HAAD notifications to be done from Emergency Room are completed within the stipulated time frame.
- Responsible for patient and family education.
- Responsible for the supervision of the practical nurse.
- Prepares and assemble all equipment’s, and instruments required prior to procedure, based on patients procedural needs.
- Performs a wide range of nursing procedures with attention to accuracy, patient safety and comfort, including those requiring strict aseptic technique
- Maintains and updates all relevant patient documentation / medical records as per hospital policy and procedure.
- Follows the reporting mechanisms / chain of command in the nursing services department. All patient care issues shall be correctly and promptly reported.
- Demonstrates an economical approach to the utilization of equipment’s and supplies while assisting the head nurse to maintain an appropriate ward stock.
- Assists with transfer of patients within the health care facilities and serves as transport nurse for patients during ambulance transport.
- Responds to external disaster (Code Black) as per hospital protocol.
- Responsible for checking the crash cart as per the checklist
- Responsible for maintaining inventory checklist of medications including high alert medications and narcotics as per hospital policy
- Responsible for maintaining inventory checklist of Hazmat items including the MSDS as per hospital policy
- Ensures preventative and ongoing maintenance of equipment is carried out, reporting all failures or deficiencies through appropriate department head
- Ensure ambulance checks are done and checklist completed according to policy.
- Demonstrates strict adherence to all hospital policies and procedures
- Demonstrates sound knowledge and participates in fire safety, patient safety, infection control and the other necessary precautions as per hospital policy.
- Takes responsibility for professional clinical practice and is actively involved in updating and continuing education.
- Takes responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Head Nurse as assigned
- Carries out other duties as instructed by the Nursing Shift Supervisor / Nursing Administrator
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements
- Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies
- Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems
Qualification, Licensure, Education, Experience, Special Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing/Diploma in Nursing.
- Current license in country of origin and with HAAD license to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Minimum 2 years nursing experience after qualification.
- BLS provider
- Good English spoken & written, Arabic language advantageous/desirable but not essential.
To apply for this job please visit nmc.taleo.net.