NMC Royal Hospital KLF
Register Nurse – Urology OPD Job Vacancy
Manages patients care in allocated area ensuring good standard of care provided.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs the initial assessment of the patients
- Assists specialists / consultants in the specific procedures done in the urology OPD.
- Performs nursing procedures with attention to accuracy, patient safety and comfort
- Ensures strict aseptic techniques are followed while performing the various urological procedures
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the unit as per infection control and waste management policy of the hospital
- Demonstrates deep knowledge in the nursing care of patients undergoing urological procedures
- Provides appropriate health teaching to the patient and family about further management and care
- Prepares, administers and documents medication if given to the patient
- Maintains and updates all relevant patient documentations/medical records as per hospital policy and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient’s records
- Coordinates with the front office desk of her/his designated area for smooth functioning and optimum patient care
- Follows the reporting mechanisms/chain of command in the Nursing Department. Ensuring patient care issues are correctly and quickly reported.
- Takes responsibility for professional clinical practice and is actively involved in updating and continuing education.
- Competent with cardio-pulmonary resuscitation technique
- Responsible for checking the crash cart as per the checklist
- Responsible for appropriate storage and maintaining inventory of medications including high alert medications and narcotics as per hospital policy
- Responsible for appropriate storage and maintaining inventory of Hazmat items including the MSDS as per hospital policy
- Ensures preventative and ongoing maintenance of equipment is carried out, reporting all failures or deficiencies through appropriate department head
- Demonstrates an economical approach to the utilization of equipment’s and supplies while assisting the Charge Nurse to maintain an appropriate ward stock.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge and participates in fire safety, patient safety, infection control and the other necessary precautions as per hospital policy.
- Takes responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Charge Nurse as assigned
- Demonstrates strict adherence to all hospital policies and procedures
- Carries out other duties as instructed by the Nursing Shift Supervisor / Nursing Administrator
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements
- Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies
- Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems.
Qualification, Licensure, Education, Experience, Special Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing/Diploma in Nursing.
- Current license in country of origin and with HAAD (Health Authority Abu Dhabi) license to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Minimum 2 years nursing experience after qualification.
- BLS / ACLS provider
- Good English spoken & written, Arabic language advantageous/desirable but not essential.
To apply for this job please visit nmc.taleo.net.