Royal Family Medical Center
Pharmacist Job Vacancy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Carries out functions of selecting, procuring, storing, distribution, dispensing and documenting.
- The supervisor makes periodic checks and is available for advice no more difficult problems but basically the Pharmacist works independently, and is held legally for failure to exercise due care in the dispensation of pharmaceuticals. Incumbent may perform on shift and is expected to be on call for emergencies as required.
- Provides work direction and supervising Assistant Pharmacists and related staff.
- A licensed Pharmacist who is delegated to manage and supervise the pharmacy licensed on, from the technical and managerial issues during his/her assigned working hours, duties include.
- Checking all aspects of the prescriptions, clarifying the doubts with the physicians and the insurance (if any) and dispensing the medication to the patients after clarifying their enquiries and counseling.
- Dispensing the controlled/semi-controlled medication and registering them as per the rules and regulations of DOH.
- Spontaneous dispensing of some medications.
- Advises Physicians on equivalent/substitutes and helps as well as controls the drug usage when needed.
- Helps and ensures the quality of established pharmaceutical indicators.
- Strictly observes the organizations, medical regulations and policies related to the infection control, patient safety, patient assessment and patient care.
- Ensures compliance to all laws, circulars and regulations related to the pharmacy profession.
- Carries out all other assignment given by the Department Head.
- Successfully completed and holds an accredited recognized BSc. In Pharmacy.
- Holds a current and valid license to practice as a Pharmacist in home country.
- Must hold a DoH license to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an acute care facility.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of medical ethics.