Patient Relations Executive ER Job Vacancy in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
POSITION: PATIENT RELATION EXECUTIVE
- Supports the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care.
- Assists in the daily functioning of the clinic/department in support of patient care while maintaining confidentiality.
- Supports the successful achievements of Clinic Operations strategic goals.
- Provides the support necessary to ensure the registration process, the pre-admission and admission process exceeds both internal and external customer needs and expectations. Ensure patients are registered in a timely manner in Clinics. Coordinates booking of appointments to optimize clinic function.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks ensuring effective functioning of the area.
- Follows the chain of command in reporting incidents or concerns.
- Prioritizes workload and completes correspondence in a timely manner.
- Provides information to prospective customers and hospital staff by answering all specific inquiries regarding patients’ queries.
- Ensures safe working environment through strict compliance with Hospital Policy and Procedure regarding safety, infection and security.
- Answers phone call in a polite and cordial manner. Maintains proper telephone etiquette.
- Registers new patients, make sure pre-registration form is completed and signed and an approved ID (Emirate ID or Passport) is collected.
- Adheres to the hospital policy HPP-206 “Identification of Patient” during appointment booking, registration and cashier process.
- Modifies patient information on Meditech upon their attendance or calling according to the established criteria.
- Ensures correct entry of financial details for patients in Meditech by obtaining the documents to support the payment mode.
- Ensures having updated patient’s details and signed consent every 12 months upon patient attendance to the hospital as per HPP-007 “General and Informed Consent”.
- Verifies patient insurance card against updated direct billing list.
- Ensures appropriate claim form placed in patient’s file.
- Checks for outstanding amounts for patients before registration and follow up with Manager/designee.
- Informs walk in patients regarding waiting time.
- Schedules & books appointments as requested appropriately,
- Transfers and cancels appointments. (Informs patient in regards to the reference number).
- Informs Initial Visit Patients (New Patients) to arrive 15 minutes prior of appointment time and to bring identification card, insurance card, vaccination record, medication used and any medical report if present. Or follows clinic specifics in regards to appointment instructions.
- Schedules & books (refill) appointments as requested appropriately.
- Liaises with Insurance Department.
- Ensures insurance & finance documentations are completed according to established criteria.
- Collects payment, issues receipts and completes designed cashier report by using Meditech or preparing manual report correctly.
- Liaises with the Finance Department.
- Follow up on cash outstanding & resolve late charges.
- Modifies from insurance to cash and vice versa as required.
- Handles insurance process (pre-approved treatment).
- Coordinates with Medical Imaging for booking appointments (urgent or routine).
- Directs patient to other department as required.
- Informs patient about billing details and explain about non covered charges.
- Actively participates in ensuring true, honest and accurate patient Customer Survey Feedback.
- Ensure that all stands layout filled and updated with new brochure.
- Handling patient complaints and address it to the concerned Clinic Manager/PRR Coordinator or Supervisor in a timely manner without delay.
- Assists in orientation of new staff member.
- Facilitates efficient receptionist function by consulting and communicating with all co-workers.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all time of all hospital feature/services/price/packages and hours of operations.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean & organized at all time.
- Demonstrates adequate Medical Terminology.
- Reports equipment failure, safety and security issues, and or/reduction of supply inventory to PRR Supervisor/Coordinator.
- Promotes incident, customer complaint reporting to improve patient and family care.
- High School Graduate
- Excellent English and Arabic verbal/written communication skills.
- Basic computer literacy
- Exposure to / experience with customer service principles
- Exposure to / experience with CQI / JCI principles
- Previous cashier experience, preferable.
American Hospital Dubai is committed to being an employer that helps its people realize their full potential and set benchmarks in medical care excellence. We offer an extremely progressive, nurturing, diversity-rich and inclusive work environment that encourages creativity and innovation to help you achieve the extraordinary.
We believe in supporting you every step of the way because we acknowledge the fundamental truth: each one of us wants to make a difference in the world.
To apply for this job please visit fa-epvs-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.