Website Cleveland Clinic
Everyday or life-changing care. We're here when you need us
-Provides guidance to the Nursing Institute in the selection, development, implementation and evaluation of both clinical and nonclinical automated systems.
-Facilitates the evaluation of existing clinical information systems and provides solutions and recommendations for modifications and improvements to support documentation, research, quality reporting, and multidisciplinary collaboration.
-Defines, develops and implements systems and materials that support policy and procedure changes as related to system and technology implementation.
-Ensures that automated systems conform to accreditation standards and other regulatory agencies.
-Plans and organizes information to support the clinical nursing staff and management needs.
-Facilitates collaboration to ensure workflow compatibility across other clinical and nonclinical systems.
-Reviews and recommends organization process workflows and data relations to assist in defining and documenting changes to the CCHS clinical information systems and other technologies.
-Facilitates and participates in nursing committees related to the development and implementation of clinical information systems and other technologies.
-Facilitates the ongoing development of nursing personnel as related to nursing informatics.
-Facilitates and participates in the nursing and ancillary project teams associated with the development and/or implementation of clinical systems.
-Acts as liaison between Regional Hospitals, ITD, other departments, and the Nursing Institute.
-Participates on multidisciplinary committees to document and maintain the automation of patient care activities related to the nursing functions, procedures and protocols.
-Facilitates and participates in pilot studies, new system implementations, and upgrades to existing systems.
-Serves as an ongoing resource to nursing staff for questions and resolution of issues.
-Evaluates training needs of Nursing Institute staff for users of new and existing clinical information systems and technology.
-Assists with training programs related to both clinical and nonclinical automated systems.
-Assists in the development of training materials and policy and procedure changes as they relate to system implementation.
-Provides consultation with other roles within the Regional Hospitals, Nursing Informatics, CCHS and the community regarding the impact of informatics on professional nursing practice and roles.
-Utilizes a variety of resources to resolve problems confronted daily in relation to new technology, research measurements, evolving nursing care models and changing patient populations.
-Analyzes complex patient care workflow related to the development of information systems functionality, recommends and evaluates the outcome of nursing information strategies.
-Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a recognized course of study from an accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of clinical nursing care delivery models and practice.
- Familiar with the processes and procedures related to accreditation, regulatory agencies, Quality Management, and Preceptorship.
- Knowledge of workflow mapping, prefer strong analytical and technical skills.
- Demonstrated competency in the use of a variety of computerized clinical and business applications required – including, but not limited to- the MS Office Professional Business Suite.
- Knowledge and competent use of various clinical information system applications as applied and integrated with nursing practice such as EMR Order Entry, Results Reporting, Patient Classification, Surgical tracking, ED triage, clinical documentation and staffing systems.
- State licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
Complexity of Work:
All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position:
World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
- Three (3) years of clinical nursing experience in a hospital or major medical center to include experience in an acute care setting required.
- Evidence of clinical information systems use and implementation required.
- Experience with implementation of clinical systems in the hospital and/or ambulatory clinical setting preferred.
- Previous experience with clinical leadership preferred.
- Requires the ability to sit and be stationary for prolonged periods of time, normal or corrected vision and manual dexterity sufficient to perform work on a personal computer.
- Requires the ability to walk to various locations throughout the campus and function in a stressful environment.
- May require some driving between CCHS facilities as needed and flexible hours when needed.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination, COVID-19 vaccination, or an exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.clevelandclinic.org.