Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
National Maintenance assistant group lead Job Vacancy | Cairo, Egypt
Job Requisition ID: 135726
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
Assist in maintaining the IKEA Store and to keep facilities in a safe operating condition, maintaining a preventative maintenance program and resolving immediate operational and/or safety concerns. Support the operations department ensuring that customers are provided with the highest possible service level (in line with IKEA standards) to achieve the pre-defined yearly sales targets. Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Be aware of the condition of IKEA property and immediately initiate actions to correct unsafe conditions.
- Schedule and perform routine preventative maintenance on all appropriate equipment.
- Assist with the preparation of detailed specification for all premises work carried out by external contractors.
- Liaise on a daily basis with all external contractors working on the IKEA store.
- Help develop and implement the IKEA stores contractor management procedures and ensure all contractors undertaking work on the premises are adequately briefed.
- Monitor the observance of health & safety routines by the IKEA maintenance department and external contractors.
- Diagnose and perform routine maintenance and repair involving the following on a daily basis:
- Electrical & Plumbing
- FAHU, HVAC, AHU, UPS, FCU, VFD systems
- Appliances, travellators, escalators & elevators
- Stairs, railings
- Tiles, carpets & vinyl flooring
- Gain knowledge of inventory levels of spare parts & consumables and replenish when necessary.
- Review and monitor daily and monthly KPIs and analyse reports on various measurable factors against benchmarked figures (i.e. manpower productivity, etc). Working with the team to create meaningful actions to achieve agreed goals.
- Controlling costs through working in a lean, simple, cost-conscious way using good examples and solutions, and encouraging the team and colleagues to discover more effective ways of working.
- Staff training and development. Ascertain that all of the maintenance team are competently trained on all preventative and reactive maintenance issues within the store.
- Scheduling for the maintenance department. Create and submit a schedule for the maintenance department based on the coverage needed for peak and non peak sales day. Plan annual leave for the department based on the commercial calendar.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- High School/Trade School Graduate.
3 years in a similar role
Strategic Planning and Analytical Skills, Effective Communication, Excel competence.
Behavioural Competencies :
- Customer Focussed
- Individual Accountability
- Continuous Improvement
- Personal Leadership
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.