Manager of Obstetrics / Gynecology Clinic Job Vacancy in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
CLINIC MANAGER – OBS & GYN CLINIC
Lead and demonstrates the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care. OPD Clinical Manager is responsible for 48-hour per week management of assigned clinic. She/he should be able to assesses, plans, directs, implements, and evaluates patient care to comply with established standards of nursing practice and performance, JCIA & DHA guidelines. Communicate effectively both inter & intradepartmental. Strives for excellence & promotes excellent team working and interdisciplinary relationships. Leads and demonstrates the successful achievement of Clinic Operations strategic goals. The OPD Clinical Manager will be a registered nurse who coordinates patient care activities through the medical staff and paramedic staff. The OPD Clinical Manager has operational accountability for staff schedules that support the physician practice, registration quality, cash collections and insurance accountability, clinical quality, performance improvement and patient service excellence. The OPD Clinical Manager hires, develops, conducts competency assessments, and terminates staff in conjunction with and in close collaboration with Human Resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure attendance by all clinic staff at Hospital and Clinic based in-services or other educational events as required.
- Responsible for the development of and active participation in unit Performance Improvement Projects annually.
- Actively participates in Hospital / Department wide performance improvement activities.
- Ensures safe working environment through strict compliance with Hospital Policy and Procedure regarding safety, infection and security.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and review of department training programs.
- Ensure department employees licenses, CPD and Mandatory Training is maintained as per Hospital and DHA requirements.
- Develops and evaluates Policy & Procedures in collaboration with Director of Clinic Operations & AHD PI Director, as required.
- Participates through team working and collaborative partnerships in identifying and implementing solutions through evidence based practice to demonstrate improvements reflected in clinic.
- Creates an environment that facilitates staff participation in improvement of quality patient care in a trans-cultural environment. Records and evaluates activity against clinic specific outcomes.
- Promotes incident, customer complaint and patient satisfaction survey reporting to improve patient and family care.
- Review all/any incidents, occurrences, near misses and complaints within the department and report findings as per the hospital policy.
- Coordinates the provision of safe, efficient and economical nursing care for designated area in line with established standards of care, and as per the DHA and the JCIA.
- Coordinate work of designated area to ensure efficient functioning of unit.
- Applies problem solving techniques and evidence based practice to clinic related issues.
- Ensures that nursing and support team work flexibly and supportively together and that the objectives for the assigned area are delivered.
- Responsible for the fiscal accuracy of the individual clinics through monitoring of records and assisting with the development and implementation of sound financial practices in areas of cash / credit card collections, insurance claim completion and pre-approval protocols being adhered to.
- Fosters, with A. OPD and senior management, an atmosphere that encourages employee excellence and retention.
- Ensures 100% attendance for staff at mandatory in-service.
- Ensures 100% completion of departmental and unit specific competencies, and continues education program.
- Ensures 100% of new staff completes a planned, documented departmental orientation.
- Enforces and Interprets Hospital and Department Policies and Procedures to employees under his / her responsibility.
- Attends committees, task forces and activities on behalf of Outpatient Clinics.
- Adheres to hospital charging and accounting policies and procedures.
- Develops and sustain own knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness and maintains a professional profile. Provides documented evidence of performance maintenance of skills consistent with position.
- Manage administrative functions to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Ensures that there is planned, effective, day skill mix and staff management. Determine and revies staffing plans and develops a scheduling system for the clinic and reviews regularly as staffing, skill mix and acuity change.
- Leads and demonstrates achievement of cost efficiency on unit as per targets. Prepare annual budget. Forecasts requirements for personnel, supplies and equipment.
- Assist staff nurses and care assistants in planning, implementing and evaluating direct patient care.
- Ensures accurate nursing documentation is maintained.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and the ability to render care and services based on age appropriateness and developmental need of patient.
- Collaborate with patients, families and health care professionals to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Ensures ongoing individual performance appraisals are objectively completed for staff members against set criteria. Assists with action plans arising from these appraisals as necessary. Provides clear feedback to team members in a manner that is conductive to maintaining and improving performance. Counsels and/or disciplines staff when appropriate.
- Promotes the effective orientation, presenting and support new staff. Provides a welcoming work environment for new staff and ensures appropriate preceptors are made available to assist with orientation. Monitors and tracks individual progress.
- Supports the recruitment of staff and encourages and promotes the retention of all staff.
- Establishes and maintain effective administrative process in clinic. Prepares quarterly reports and maintains records of activity and outcomes. Conduct clinic meetings and maintains minutes.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing in country of origin and/or country of professional practice.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) Licensure in country of citizenship or professional practice.
- At least five (5) years of recent post-graduate general nursing experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a management capacity in a clinic or similar setting.
- Evidence of continuing education.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of personal computers; computer literacy preferred.
- Understanding/experience in JCIA is preferred
American Hospital Dubai is committed to being an employer that helps its people realize their full potential and set benchmarks in medical care excellence. We offer an extremely progressive, nurturing, diversity-rich and inclusive work environment that encourages creativity and innovation to help you achieve the extraordinary.
We believe in supporting you every step of the way because we acknowledge the fundamental truth: each one of us wants to make a difference in the world.
To apply for this job please visit fa-epvs-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.