Qatar Airways is proud to be one of the youngest global airlines to serve all six continents, and thanks to our customers’ response to our offerings, we are also the world’s fastest-growing airline.
About the role:
We have embarked on an exciting digital transformation journey to leverage technology as a key business differentiator and a competitive advantage. We are redesigning and reinventing our business processes, our digital platforms and interactions with customers. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the IT applications support and IT project deliveries for an assigned business unit (e.g. QR Technical Aircraft Engineering department). You will partner with the subject matter experts, product & process owners from business departments in order to identify opportunities for improving business outcomes through automation, draw up the 2-3 year IT strategic road-map, plan and manage the work programme delivery for business by coordinating with various internal and external IT teams and supplier/partners.
We are looking for transformational and senior IT delivery manager who has a thorough understanding of the airline operations domain, preferably aircraft maintenance, repair & overhaul (Airline MRO) operations, associated business processes and technology landscape. We will be happy to consider those who have similar IT digital transformational experiences in related industries like logistics, supply chain, inventory & maintenance management, etc.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. Together, everything is possible
Experience and Qualifications:
You should hold a Bachelor Degree with minimum 10 years of job related experience.
- Experience leading large commercial off-the-shelf software product procurement & implementation, establishing robust and sustainable application support processes
- Experience leading large work program and able to independently manage stakeholder, steering group, large teams, multiple vendors and in-house delivery and support teams
- Good understanding of the IT project estimation, budgeting processes, Project / Program Governance including Project Planning, Resourcing, Scheduling Deliveries, Work allocation, Risk & Issue management, Communication management
- Hands-on experience in identifying technology opportunities, developing and delivering automation solutions using modern Agile methodologies
- Hands-on experience in managing production support of Tier 0 / Tier 1 applications, in compliance to industry frameworks like ITIL, vendor SLA management, is a must
- Candidates with PMI or other similar leading industry certifications around Project Management, Agile, are preferred
- Excellent Stakeholder and People management skills, with ability to manage and work collaboratively with high-performance team of Business Analysts, UI/UX Designers, Technology Architects, Software Testers, Product Owners, Business End Users, IT Security & Infrastructure Management teams
- Excellent communication (written, verbal) and presentation skills, at organization leadership levels
- Excellent problem solving and solutioning mind set
- Experience in managing large, multi-cultural, geographically distributed software delivery and support organization
- Must be a Go-Getter with positive attitude, Self motivating, innovative, open-minded and inspiring
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
To apply for this job please visit careers.qatarairways.com.