Website Baker McKenzie
Baker McKenzie is an international law firm
Legal Secretary Job Vacancy Business Services | Cairo, Egypt
The Legal Secretary will provide administrative services to attorneys, timekeepers, and secretaries.
- Compile, analyse and process a high volume of bills to clients on a monthly basis using SAP software.
- Day to day duties including filtering, sorting and printing emails, photocopying, faxing, mailing, scanning and handling phone calls.
- Handling correspondence: open e-mails and letters, revise them, sort them and reply to them according to the instructions of the associate.
- Managing associates’ agenda and Calendar (scheduling appointments, meetings, conferences); maintaining and updating associates’ task list, reminders and monitoring projects deadlines.
- Prepare engagement letters and conflict checks under supervision and review of Partner’s Assistant.
- Preparing documentation (creating, editing and formatting documents, agreements, opinion letters, due diligence reports, presentations and charts).
- Creating and maintaining filing system and keeping track of current, closed and archived files. Electronic filing/archiving for emails.
- Serves as backup to other secretaries to provide support to other lawyers as required and requested.
- Making travel and hotel arrangements and reservations and filling in visa applications.
- Perform advanced research and compile data (i.e. statutes, rules, regulations, codes, etc).
- Entering and closing Associates’ timesheet.
- Handling engagement letters, assignment letters and consent letters.
- All other secretarial work required.
About The Team
The Firm’s Services function works closely with our Partners & Fee-earners to deliver comprehensive, high quality and high value services to our clients. It is geared towards improving Operational and financial performance, and constantly rethinking the services we offer, as well as developing new innovative solutions and platforms.
This role will report to the Operations & Facilities Manager and Lawyers.
The key relationships are with the following:
- Country Managing Partner
- Operations & Facilities Manager
- Lawyers, Partners and Function Managers of Cairo office
- Secretaries and assistants of Cairo office
About The Candidate
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration or relevant areas.
- At least three years of working experience in an administrative position, preferably in multinational companies.
- Ability to multitask and organize daily workload by priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced and quickly changing environment.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Well-developed organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good command of English language.
- Display of professional discretion and maturity.
- Good resilience under pressure.
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm’s specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self-reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion.
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this – how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In the Gulf region Baker McKenzie has been active for more than three decades and our practice now boasts over 100 lawyers based in our seven offices in the Middle East – Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Cairo, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, and Riyadh. As a pioneering firm, we were most notably the first to enter both the Saudi and Egyptian markets.
The firm has built established and substantial presence in the Middle East & Africa region, with all offices working in close collaboration to service clients’ needs on a range of matters, including banking and finance, project finance, Islamic finance, corporate/M&A and dispute resolution. We work closely with key local players — including governmental and regulatory entities, financial institutions, family-owned conglomerates and corporates across all industry sectors — as well with global investors and corporations establishing and consolidating their presence in the region.
We welcome direct applications.
Please click on the Apply button on this advertisement to complete the application form.
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact, in confidence, Recruitment Manager on +97144230000.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note we do not accept unsolicited CVs.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organisation, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
Baker McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA – since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie’s vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Baker McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.
To apply for this job please visit fsr.cvmailuk.com.