We are Team WestJet. WestJet is people powered
Key Account Manager job vacancy in Toronto, Canada
Requisition ID 93308
Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we’re going global.
Join us and love where you’re going.
This position is eligible for remote work, within Canada, under our mobile workforce program.
Overview of role:
Reporting to the Manager, Leisure Sales. The Agency Key Account Manager is responsible for leading WestJet Vacations sales efforts to maximize revenue and market share shift, with a strong focus on selling higher yielding products to WestJet Vacations strategic agency accounts. The responsibilities of this role include customer relationship management, contract negotiation, strategic business and marketing planning along with data analysis to determine and ensure optimum revenue targets are met. The Key Account Manager will foster a team selling environment working with and reporting regularly to multiple internal and external stakeholders as required.
Key deliverables include:
- Manage revenue, market share growth and retention within assigned trade partners contracted by WestJet Vacations
- Establish and develop relationships with Trade Partners, Travel Agencies, Advisors and IC’s within a defined portfolio
- Analysis of performance and fulfilment reporting to influence Agency behavior
- Create strategic business plans aligning with key performance indicators to successful execution to drive maximum partner results.
- Prepare and deliver proposals & presentations to Travel Executives
- Prepare and deliver training and education to travel advisors.
- Lead Contract negotiations, cost of sale and contract management
- Manage Partner Marketing funds and plans, incentives, and promotional programs
- Marketing and communication planning and implementation
- Promote WestJet Vacations products through incentive offers to Agency partners to drive awareness and education.
- Maintain competitive and industry knowledge base of product and service offerings and provide strategic recommendations.
- Continually adapt and contribute to the indirect channel strategies based on the ever changing and highly competitive landscape
- Project management as required to support individual partners and/or WestJet Vacations objectives.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to WestJet Vacations leadership
- Ensure personal targets and Key Performance Indicators are met
- Attend industry events, tradeshows, partner events and escort fam trips.
- Work collaboratively with various departments internally including; Revenue Management, Trade Marketing, TA Payment Services, Product, Operations, Business Technology and Systems, Guest Experience, WestJet Vacations Travel Support Team, Loyalty and other matrix teams to provide support to Agency partners and WestJet Vacations objectives.
Experience & qualifications:
- Relevant post-secondary education
- 5 years’ account management experience with a strong Business to Business sales and negotiation background
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Strong problem solving and escalation resolution
- Ability to key account manage by development of a strategic account business plans
- Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking and demonstrates a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to move effectively through the consultative selling process
- Proven ability to balance the needs of the Trade Partner/Agency/Guest and WestJet while being results-focused
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations to Travel Executive audiences
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of reporting tools (DDS, GDS, PRISM, Tableau, Excel etc.)
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas clearly and effectively and creatively problem solve
- Ability to travel
*Please note this position is eligible for Sales Compensation Plan Bonus
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group of Companies
Together with WestJet’s regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet’s operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet’s Alcohol and Drug Policy.
As a federally regulated company, the WestJet group of companies is required to comply with all federal mandates. In order to be compliant with the recently-announced vaccination mandate, and to keep our guests/employees safe, all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit career4.successfactors.com.