bp is a global company that offers a world of opportunities for both professionals and graduates.
Instrument and Electrical Supervisor – USA
- Accountable for their own personal safety and that of their crew (BP and / or contractor).
- Responsible for health, safety and environmental performance to achieve our goals of no accidents, no harm to people, and no harm to the environment.
- Prepare and conduct safety meetings and act on safety issues promptly. Investigates accidents and near-misses
- Accountable to ensure compliance with HSSE polices and Mechanical Integrity requirements. Coordinate, participate and comply with all refinery HSSE programs
- Responsible for job preparation activities, including assignment of craftsmen to jobs, reviewing scope of work, identifying and communicating changes to plan, verifying availability of materials and tools, and confirming schedule viability
- Develop and implement improved job methods, techniques, tools, and equipment for improving overall maintenance effectiveness
- Accountable for safe on time execution of Electrical and Instrumentation work assigned to the central team.
- Over site of Main shop instrumentation shop and gas monitor shop. – plan, assign, inspect and supervise maintenance, and repair activities.
- Inspect contracted work as needed and assign and distribute work orders and work requests.
- Work with planners to develop and update preventive maintenance plans.
- Work with planners in issuing purchase orders to subcontractors and keeping these purchase orders under the planned budget.
- Maintain record of all pertinent instrumentation repairs, calibration data and spare parts inventory of electrical equipment..
- Manage Electrical distribution system in the refinery: backup, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Provide advance troubleshooting to units I&E teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required and 7 years’ experience in Refinery or heavy industrial environment
- 5 Years of Electrical experience required within Refinery, petrochemical or industrial plant.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions on refineries.
- Knowledgeable in instrumentation maintenance and calibration.
- Knowledgeable in Electrical maintenance.
- Knowledgeable in Electrical Area Classification and electrical code.
- Knowledgeable in repair and maintenance of fire and Gas detection systems.
- Ability to plan, lay out, supervise and inspect the work of subordinates.
- Computer proficiency in standard desktop software.
- Knowledge of industry codes, guidelines and regulatory standards.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to share discipline expertise and best practices with team members
- Working knowledge in SAP Front End maintenance module. Comprehensive knowledge of methods, materials and equipment used in installing, repairing and maintaining I&E equipment.
- Working knowledge of database and instrumentation calibration tools.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bpglobal.com.