AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for generations to come.
Inspector – Mechanical Engineer job vacancy in UBora Tower, United Arab Emirates
Requisition/Vacancy No. 267579BR
AECOM are currently looking for experienced Mechanical Inspectors to join the growing AECOM team supporting the supervision of Construction projects in UAE. Candidate will need to demonstrate:
The Mechanical Inspector will ensure the contractors are compliant with the contract documents, coordinate on a daily basis with the other teams to document and verify the quality and quantity of work performed by the Contractor and process the incoming Inspection Requests and technical submittals, and perform the necessary actions.
Experience in Mechanical related type projects required. Candidates must have experience in Construction Supervision with a Consultancy with a minimum of 7 years of overall experience (minimum 5 years in the UAE)
- Reading and understanding the package contract documents, detailed drawings, specifications, and health and safety measures, together with any associated updates.
- Ensuring the contractor(s) are complying with the standards and specifications of the contract documents through observation, measurements, and testing as well as tracking quality assurance progress.
- Maintaining records of the contractor manpower and equipment daily resources.
- Undertaking all site supervision and inspections when required or instructed by the Resident Engineer (RE) or the Assistant Resident Engineer (ARE).
- Documenting, in the areas assigned to the Inspector, the contractor’s personnel and equipment, activities observed, location of activities, reason for activities, and means and methods utilised.
- Additionally, report on materials delivery and following and implementing any site instructions made by the leader. Apply and implement all quality controls and quality procedures of the site.
- Follow up and implement any site instructions made by the leader.
- Apply and implement all quality controls and quality procedures of the site.
- Prepare any site measurements and surveying checks needed by the leader
- Monitoring conformance to quality, performance, and/or code requirements by performing inspection duties.
- Monitor Health and Safety of the construction works and report on violations
Specific Skills Required
- Good knowledge in basic design requirements, familiar with Mechanical methodologies (HVAC/Plumbing/Drainage/ Fire Protection/ Water Supply) and installation processes and procedures. Knowledge of the Building Codes.
- Experience in Buildings of all types in particular high-rise, mixed use residential and commercial, retail and hospitality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Competent at writing reports – can present views clearly and concisely in good written English.
- Detailed knowledge of construction techniques.
- Good team player with high energy levels.
- Safety conscious with a high level of work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure and with professional judgement and a solutions type of approach
- For the Inspector position, a Diploma in Engineering is required. For candidates who wish to progress onto Engineer level – a related Degree is required in the Engineering fields.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Additional Locations AE – Al Ain, UAE – Liwa Centre Building – Site, AE – Dubai, UAE – UBora Tower – Site
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.aecom.com.