bp is a global company that offers a world of opportunities for both professionals and graduates.
HSE&C Manager, Japan – Offshore Wind
In Health, safety, environment and carbon (HSE&C), our goal is to care for and protect our people, plant and planet from harm. Operating in a central capacity with a bp-wide remit, HSE&C covers all businesses where operational activities and risk exists.
Responsible for managing a large team to establish and implement programmes to deliver safe, reliable and compliant operations and ensure the maintenance of HS&E management systems and regulatory compliance, contributing to strategic development for HS&E and driving the safety behaviours to ensure the business is informed and focused on managing safety and reducing risk.
The Health, Safety, Sustainability Manager is responsible for providing management and strategic direction to deliver, safe, efficient and sustainability solutions in support of our offshore wind strategies. This role will define the project risk management framework, ensuring that technical project development meets HSE standards. As a leader, you will inspire performance and results in safety requirements and best practices, through developing and communicating information to staff and the leadership team.
This position will manage environmental process with the project and Company and outside consultants, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements through the development of required documentation. You will work with the environmental consenting team and maintain up to date knowledge of environmental compliance with relevant legislation. You will also prepare and maintain all environmental and regulatory records, except for environmental consenting. Alerting leadership to legislative change and making recommendations in response to these changes.
- Ensuring up to date project risk registers through liaison with consenting package leads.
- Overseeing risk management activities such as Availability, Maintainability (RAM) studies, human factors, working environment, technical safety engineering.
- Working closely with package managers, overseeing risk management, HAZID, HAZOPs, Functional Safety, Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA) and Reliability.
- Reviewing and implementing the actions and emergency plans for the project (Instruction, Signage, First Aid Box, First Aid Poster, First Aid Log and guidance, Defibrillator, First Aid Checklist, Fire Extinguisher, Fire equipment check list, Evacuation Check List, Evacuation / Emergency Pack, Emergency response planning, escape plan etc.).
- Lead accident/incident investigations and create incident reports, with a focus on root cause analysis, trends and areas for improvement and creating measures to ensure measures are in place to prevent reoccurrence.
- Lead the development and operation of quarterly HSE meetings and planning reviews, internal Audits, etc.
A degree educated or above in a relevant discipline, such as Healthy & Safety Management, supported by NEBOSH diploma or equivalent is required. Experience is what matters most.
Substantial HSE Management experience and knowledge of technical issues in construction or manufacturing. Track record of creating, establishing and developing HSE frameworks for engineering, procurement and constructions services business operating at significant scale, particularly offshore wind. Experience in the elaboration and management of the necessary environmental studies and incident management with a track record in planning for serious incident response.
It’s also important you have:
- Knowledge of ISO standards implementation training appropriate to business activities, such as, ISO140001. ISO9001, etc.
- Skills to implement frameworks and standards across multiple sites, onshore and offshore.
- HSE policies, procedures and permits experience, in areas associated with plant operations.
- Renewable energy knowledge, particularly in offshore wind is beneficial.
- Ability to build and maintain a network of suppliers and technical partner relationships.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bpglobal.com.